My network adapter had previos connectivity issues (interrupted connection), but now it's not working at all.
In the device manager i get the following informations:
"Das Gerät kann nicht gestartet werden. (Code 10)
Der Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden."
Driver Version: 184.108.40.206
Under the Tab Details:
Der Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden.
Under the Tab Events:
Device not started: (NETwNb64)
Beim Start des Geräts PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&SUBSYS_40708086&REV_BB\ACFDCEFFFF13F32B00 ist ein Problem aufgetreten.
Obere Filter: vwifibus
I tried reinstalling or updating drivers several times, always the same. Possible just corrupted/ Bad card?
Gigabyte p35xv4, Win10 64x.
any more needed?
The Laptop is only 1 month old
The Code 10 in device manager can be caused by many reasons, here are some recommendation to discard the most common causes.
- Do a clean install of the wireless driver by following these steps:
1. Obtain the WiFi drivers from your http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support , as second option use the generic version from: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25513/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10
2. Go to Control Panel - Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel - Device Manager - Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager again and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, you can customize the installation and install all driver components.
- If the issue persists, try Uninstalling your Antivirus Software completely and check if the wireless connection is available after this.
Thanks a lot, sadly it didnt work out. When uninstalling the device it keeps popping up after i search for new hardware. The driver stayed at a certain version after a while, so i deleted it one last time and reinstalled the driver from my manufacturers support page. But i still get the same errors. Uninstalling Antivirus didn't help either.
Please let us know the following information:
Did the wireless adapter come built into your computer from factory?
Were there any changes made to the system around the time the issue started? (OS upgrade, new software, system updates, etc.)
I cant exactly remember if i made any changes when the wireless connection first started having interruptions. But when it completely stopped working i didn't install/ change anything of significance, but it happed during or right after playing Metro 2033, which i had installed just before that.
The card was prebuilt into the laptop and i didn't change anything on system hardware.
I noticed the error isn't consistently showing in the device manager and sometimes the card is seemingly working from its status there, but in the task bar it shows me the "no networks available" status.
Please try the following and let us know if this helps:
- Connect to a wired network, then go to Windows® Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and select the option to Update driver.
I was able to solve this issue when it occured after an update on Windows 10 Pro.
When you follow the steps suggested by Jonathan it keeps coming back in the list from the standard Windows drivers. After that you need to select the device and click on driver details. It will show some files in de Windows\system32\drivers directory. Delete the files in the drivers directory except the vwifibus.sys. After that delete the device again from device manager. It will show the intel 7260 device but with an exclamation mark. The last thing you need to do is reinstall the official intel driver software.
This solved the issue for me.