Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7725 Discussions

bluetooth problem in Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 rev d

biradar
Beginner

hello, 

recently i purchased TP Link Archer T5E and found that its intel chip namely: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 rev d , wifi works smoothly but bluetooth was not working properly then i installed INTEL DSA it installed the drivers but it did not worked.

PROBLEM WITH BLUETOOTH: when i try to connect any device device gets connected but after few seconds specifically 1-2 seconds gets disconnected.

but recently i installed kali linux (dualboot) and in this os bluetooth works perfectly fine.

And i am attaching SUS txt file.

bluetooth driver version: 20.100.10.11

0 Kudos
13 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @biradar 

1. Download and install the BT-23.40.0-64UWD-Win10-Win11.exe . This is the latest BT driver for AC 7265 adapter (Windows 11).

2. Download and install the WiFi-23.40.0-Driver64-Win10-Win11.exeThis is the latest WiFi driver for AC 7265 adapter (Windows 11).

Leon

0 Kudos
biradar
Beginner

i did a clean installation of both the drivers(wifi and bt) and did a reboot still the same issue with Bluetooth.

i checked the driver version in device manager and it still is the same as previous...

im attaching few pictures from device manger

biradar_0-1720857689430.png

biradar_1-1720857732631.pngbiradar_2-1720857768420.png

(wifi works fine)

one thing more let me put it in steps:

#open BT from quick settings and paired the device >BT issue >keeping BT open did a reboot >after booting the device it gets connected automatically and worked (to check i shared files to my phone) >closed BT from quick settings did a reboot >after it boots i open BT from quick settings >tries to connect the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Kenino
Beginner

Please kindly help me configure my PC. BT is failing to update to the new version. I keep getting an error when installing.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Kenino 

Since you have also AC 7265 adapter and 64 bit Windows 10 Pro O.S., you should download the same drivers as mentioned in my post above. Because you have problems with the installation, try to perform Clean Driver Installation of the BT Driver and the WiFi Driver

Leon

0 Kudos
Kenino
Beginner

Hi, so I tried to do a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro OS, hoping to have the driver update itself to the latest version, but unfortunately, that did not solve my problem. I have just accepted it as is, though I constantly get notified by the Intel driver assistance app that I need to update Bluetooth and WiFi drivers. but if there is a solution, I would be glad to try.

Kind regards

Canaan

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Biradar,

We would like to check if the suggestions of our esteemed community members addressed your concern.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
biradar
Beginner

My concern regarding BT is not resolved yet and none of the suggestion works.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Biradar,

Thank you for your reply.

Since the issue is still not fixed, please allow us to ask the following questions:

1. When did you start experiencing the problem? Was it like this from the start since you recently bought the card?

2. Have you already tried testing different Bluetooth devices?

3. Usually for customized hardware like the one that you bought, it would be best to install the driver that is uploaded by TP link itself, since it contains the customizations that the manufacturer did on the card. Have you already tried installing those drivers? This page can help you determine, if you have already tried the official TP link drivers.

4. On the user guide of the card, please confirm that you have connected that small USB connection that is required by the Bluetooth component.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
biradar
Beginner

1. I have been facing the problem from the start only.

2.Yes, i have tried other BT devices.

3.Now i installed the driver provided by tp link but no luck.

4.I have connected it perfectly; since BT is working in linux environment(in KALI LINUX(dualboot)).

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Biradar,

Thank you for the new information that you shared.

Since the TP link did not work as well, it seems like the issue is being caused by some Windows’ setting.

I gathered all the possible settings that can cause the issue, so please check them out below:

1. When you open device manager, expand the Bluetooth category then right click on the Intel Wireless Bluetooth Item, and select properties. Access the power management tab and ensure that the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” is unchecked.

2. On the same Bluetooth category. Test to disable temporarily all other items there except for the Intel Wireless Bluetooth. Check if you will still have the same issue.

3. Open services.msc. Look for the Bluetooth Support Service. Open it and set it to Automatic then start the service.

Should the above procedures not work, please check with Microsoft for other suggestions.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Biradar,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to check with your system manufacturer since we have not heard from you. 

Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
biradar
Beginner

None of the suggestions worked out.

I think i should get some suggestions from Microsoft.

I'll let you know, if any thing works....

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Biradar,

Thank you for the update and for considering to reach out to Microsoft.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos