Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7725 Discussions

how to install install be202 160MHZ driver on ubuntu

markqiu
Beginner

I tried the latest firmware with no luck.

markqiu_0-1703039311336.jpeg

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @markqiu  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To assist you properly, what is your NUC model? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
markqiu
Beginner

I think B202 is my NUC model. Sorry!

I don't know how to find my NUC model. The tag on my motherboard is ROG STRAIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI II. And there are some small words that are: ROG, LGA1700, INTEL z790, LAN(2.5G), WIFI 7, M.2, ADD_Header, Pre-mounted I/O, Armoury Crate, SupremeFX ALC4080 CODES, GameFiest, MB.

I run 'lspci -v' and get the following:

05:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Device 272b (rev 1a)
DeviceName: Intel WiFi 6E AX210
Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 02f4

Hope this help.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @markqiu  

Thank you for the information provided. 

Please be aware that this forum is for Intel NUC related inquiries, so we are moving this thread to the correct forum; Wireless

Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 7 BE202 the pre-installed Wi-Fi card in your system or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card)? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
markqiu
Beginner

I think  it an integration. It's a part of  my motherboard which is ROG STRAIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI II.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @markqiu  

Thank you for your reply. 

Please be aware that an integration is an upgrade or a different card installed in your motherboard, which means that is not the original card that came with the motherboard. 

You mentioned that the Intel® Wi-Fi 7 BE202 is part of your motherboard, but the lspci –v shows that the device name is Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210, which is a totally different card. 

Please clarify which is the original card that came with your motherboard or if the Intel® Wi-Fi 7 BE202 is an integration or not based on the mentioned above. 

Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 the pre-installed/original card that came with your motherboard and you are trying to upgrade it to Intel® Wi-Fi 7 BE202?

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
markqiu
Beginner

Thank you for the reply and sorry for my delayed answer.

The Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 is the original card that came with my motherboard. I mentioned the Intel® Wi-Fi 7 BE202 just because it was printed on it's pack box.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @markqiu    

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to check my previous post.   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello markqiu, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

markqiu, You are very welcome. No problem at all, thank you very much for providing those details.

In this case, your original issue was how to install the Intel® Wi-Fi 7 BE202, but as you mentioned, there is a wireless card already installed in your board, which is Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210. So, just to confirm:

Are you trying to replace the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 with the Intel® Wi-Fi 7 BE202?

Are there any wireless issues with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 card?

If there are, please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/26735/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello markqiu, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello markqiu, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you.

As an option, you can also get in contact directly with the manufacturer of your board for further assistance on this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos