oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Install problem of OneAPI Base Tools

Anders_S_1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have installed VS2022 and then tried to install the base tool kit with little success. The

error message and logs are attached.

Best regards

Anders S

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anders_S_1
New Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your replies! As I judged it too complicated to describe what I had done, I decided to

reinstall Windows. After that oneAPI could be installed with no problems!

Best regards

Anders S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kirk_D_
Novice

Check what version of Visual Studio you have installed and compare to the supported versions listed at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html 

As mentioned in the above link, the Visual Studio Version 2022 build 17.4.2 and version 2019 build 16.11.21 are the tested and supported builds for Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2023.

Unknown if having a recent version of VisualStudio will interfere with the installation such as problem you are describing (hopefully the installer does some sort of version checking).   In my case, I had oneAPI installed and working great but I later accepted updates to VisualStudio and my oneAPI become broken.   The error message appears to be related to STL and the shown says 'Unexpected compiler version, expected Clang 15.0.0 or newer'.   Sounds like I need to "rollback to prior version" if I want oneAPI to work, or wait for newer version of  oneAPI to be released and then use extreme caution if accepting Microsoft updates to Visual Studio...

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Anders, please share the below information with us:

- OS build on which you are installing the software

- Is the installer an online or an offline package?

- Version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with it's build version

- Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system

- Screenshots of the error screen

- Installation Log files apart from the ones attached.

The default path for a log file for a oneAPI installation is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

The default path for a log file for a Parallel Studio XE installation is: %temp%\pset_tmp_PSXE<version>_<username>

0 Kudos
Anders_S_1
New Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your replies! As I judged it too complicated to describe what I had done, I decided to

reinstall Windows. After that oneAPI could be installed with no problems!

Best regards

Anders S

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Anders, thank you for sharing the update. We are glad that the issue has been resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos