oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Intel MPI Installaion Problem

ShenXing
Beginner

Greetings,

I installed Intel MPI library and Toolkit once, which was very successful. However, I realized I installed them into a wrong place and uninstalled them from C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\Installer. After that, I tried to install MPI and Toolkit again, but both of them did not work with the same reason: An error has been encountered during the installation process. ...... Failed to load package. Try to download full installer package from remote source again and re-start installation.

I downloaded many times from Intel Offical website and did not work, always with the same error.

Here are the log files.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Jingkun, Could you please share the below details with us?

• Exact version of Intel® HPC Toolkit or Intel® MPI Library (in case you're using Stand-Alone Version).
  • Version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with it's build version.
  • OS build on which you are installing the product.
  • Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system.
  • Is the installer an online or an offline package? 

To assist you further, we would require these details.

0 Kudos
ShenXing
Beginner

Hi Vipin,

The version of HPC Toolkit is 2024.0.1.35_offline, and the version of intel MPI library is 2021.11.0.49512_offline, which is the stand-alone version. I tried to run the installation again and got the same errors, so I attached the screenshot of those error as "MPI.jpg" and "HPCKit.jpg".  

MPI.png

HPCKit.png

I am really new in these things, I did not find Microsoft Visual Studio in my PC and am not sure whether it exists or not. But I have many different versions of Microsoft Visual C++. All the versions of them I attached as "Microsoft Visual C++.jpg"

microsoft visual c++.png

OS version I guess is 22H2 (19045.4046)

0 Kudos
ShenXing
Beginner

It's weird that my replied are not posted successfully

0 Kudos
ShenXing
Beginner

HPCKit is 2024.0.1.35_offline

MPI is 2021.11.0.49512_offline

My OS is 22H2 (19045.4046)

I did not find Microsoft Visual Studio in "Programs and Features", but I have many different versions of Microsoft Visual C++, I will post them in the attachment.

I did not find Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI in "Programs and Features".

Thank you!

0 Kudos
ShenXing
Beginner

And here are some attachments for the error screenshots of installations.

And also the versions of Microsoft visual c++, I uploaded a wrong picture in my last reply.

0 Kudos
ShenXing
Beginner

My OS is 22H2 (19045.4046)

I did not find Microsoft Visual Studio in "Programs and Features", but I have many different versions of Microsoft Visual C++, I will post them in the attachment.

I did not find Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI in "Programs and Features".

Thank you!

0 Kudos
ShenXing
Beginner

HPCKit is 2024.0.1.35_offline

MPI is 2021.11.0.49512_offline

Thank you!

0 Kudos
ShenXing
Beginner

It is super weird that I can send anything with my OS build version.

Here is the screenshot.

0 Kudos
ShenXing
Beginner
0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Jingkun, we would like to inform you that the tested and validated Microsoft Visual Studio is Version: 2022 17.7.5 for all the latest Intel® Toolkits. Kindly follow the below troubleshooting steps to perform the installation:

0 Kudos
ShenXing
Beginner

Hi Vipin,

Thank you for your help! I tried to follow all these instructions and install Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library (oneMKL) Offline from that link, but I met the same problem with previous installation error. 

Here are the error files. I guess probably the reason of installation fails is not from Microsoft Visual Studio because I believe I did not have it in my PC before installation. Microsoft Visual Studio does not influence anything, the main problem could be that some error occur when I use the installer.

For the installer of MPI, HPCKit, and oneMKL, I think the reason could be the same.

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Jingkun, we have sent you a private message. Kindly check your community inbox.

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Jingkun, unfortunately, we were unable to hear back from you. 

If you have any further queries, please post a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos