FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Avalon bus MM address space and decoder

dsun01
New Contributor III

Hello, Intel expert, 

I have a very basic question here. while I start working on a TI JESD204B project, I have to figure out how the FX3(USB module) configured the FPGA device. have a look at the attached address map, from FX3 Master will control a lot of salves through the memory map. I assume the FX3 master send out contents to a slave through the assigned space, but I have tracking the signal link from the Master write command to the slave receiver. I tried several times, but I couldn't find or figure out how the memory address on the bus was decoded and distributed. 

I am pretty new to the Avalon architecture, could anyone familiar Avalon bus give me some hint, link that explain how the Avalon master and slave arrange the memory space, where the address decode happened. 

Thanks

David

memory_map1.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I'm not sure what your question actually is, but the host (master) issues read and write commands to the Platform Designer interconnect, which then sends them to the appropriate agent (slave) address location.  All of these agents are in the host's address space.

The Avalon spec is here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/pdfs/literature/manual/mnl_avalon_spec.pdf

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi dsun01,

Any follow up with your issue?

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
dsun01
New Contributor III

I am new and learning, hope get some help to save time and move fast. I should have read the manual carefully and patiently. I will figure out what I want to know. 

Thank you for asking. 

David 

0 Kudos