FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

I'm having trouble with truncated text in Quartus 18.1

RSimp
Beginner

All labels (nodes, busses, blocks, comments, … ​are truncated in the bdf viewer.  I didn't find any hits on this problem on you site.  How do I correct this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may change the DPI to 96, followed by restarting your computer.

To change the DPI setting: Desktop > Right Click > Display Settings > Display Tab > Change the size of text,apps, and other items.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know which OS, edition and version of the software you are using?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RSimp
Beginner

​YY,

I’m using Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1809 and Quartus 18.1 “Quartus Prime Standard Edition”.  I apologize for the late response - I was out of the office for 2 weeks.

Thanks

Ray

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi Ray,

Can you provide the test case and steps to reproduce the error?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RSimp
Beginner

YY,

I've attached a archive of a very simple .bdf -- just 2 inputs and an output. Even here the names are truncated.

I tried to add a screen shot here but system seems to like only one attachment. Maybe I can put the screen shot in another response.

Thanks for your help.

Ray

0 Kudos
RSimp
Beginner

YY,

Here's the screen-shot showing the truncation. By the way, although I showed just this simple case, it also truncates signal names and pin names on more complicated schematics.

Regards,

Ray

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may change the DPI to 96, followed by restarting your computer.

To change the DPI setting: Desktop > Right Click > Display Settings > Display Tab > Change the size of text,apps, and other items.

Thanks.

RSimp
Beginner

YY,

Thank you very much. That solved it!

Regards,

Ray

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You are welcome. It is glad to hear that.

Thanks.

0 Kudos