FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

What are some possible causes for EMIF IP for DDR4 Error "iossm_bf_cpu_cpu_test_bench/ihp_read is 'x'" during calibration for a non-HPS EMIF IP?

alinave
Beginner

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/emif/2018/error--iossm_bf_cpucputestbench-ihpread-is--x-.html

The above answer record mentions that the error is generated when an EMIF IP with HPS is used for simulation. I am using the EMIF IP for DDR4 and the device used during output products generation is a Stratix 10 GX part which does not have HPS.

Can you please point me towards some possible causes of this error?

Simulator: xcelium2019.09_s007

Quartus Prime Pro 19.4

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

Hi @alinave​ ,

It's me Aida. 😊 I believed this is similar issue with what you've posted in below thread. I have provided my reply in below thread.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004bZOyx/emif-ip-fetches-error-while-simulating-in-vcs

Since you created this new case and this case just re-routed today to me , I suggest we continue our discussion using this new case. Let me know if you have any concern.

I copy my reply again here for tracking purpose:

Have you try to used this supported tools version for Xcelium for Quartus 19.4?xcelium.PNG

Also may I know which memory simulation model are you using (for example Micron or etc)?

Thanks

Regards,

Aida

0 Kudos
alinave
Beginner

Hi Aida,

Thanks for your reply. I will check the simulation results with 2018.03 xcelium version. I have been using Micron memory model.

Thanks,

Naved

0 Kudos
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Naved,

Thanks for the confirmation regarding memory model. I reached out to our internal engineering team for assistance and they are telling me we do not support vendor models since they have very stringent checks trigger during calibration. I also re-confirmed the statement on our documentation and it does state that we do not support these models. See Below.

MModel.PNG

Sincerely sorry I do not have better news for you. But, please let me know if there is anything more I can help.

Thanks

Regards,

Aida

0 Kudos
alinave
Beginner

Hi Aida,

I tried the Intel provided model and the earlier version of xcelium but got the same error at exactly the same time..

Thanks,

Naved

0 Kudos
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

Dear Naved,

Please accept my apology for the delay in response due to recent workload.

Is it possible to have the design (with Intel provided model) to look closer?

Thanks

Regards,

Aida

0 Kudos