FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

avl_address order in uniphy ip

JJame30
Beginner

Hi Sir,

I am working on SEN02G64C4BH2MT-30WR DDR2. i am using uniphy ip in quartus. (Stratix 4)

I am able to do single write and read to a particular address location with specific data.

For bulk data read and write, i incremented address location and data by one, in top vhdl file (avl_addr = avl_addr +1 and avl_wdata = avl_wdata + 1). but am i missing some of data.

pll_ref_clk = 100MHz.

afi_clk = 266.66 MHz

MEM_CLK = 133.33Mhz (half rate).

Regards,

JERIN

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Remember that with Avalon in Platform Designer, masters, by default, use byte addressing while slaves, like the memory IP, use word addressing. You don't mention what your data width is, but if, for example, it's 32 bits, you need to increment the address by 4 on the master to get to the next 32-bit data.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

sstrell has a point.

Besides that, you also want to watch out if there is burst setting in your DDR2 avalon transaction.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
JJame30
Beginner

Sir,

My parameters are:

avl_size , i kept as 0001

avl_wdata = 256 bit

mem_dq = 64 bit (half rate)

avl_addr = 26 bit

My initial address was X"0000000", for increasing address location by 1(X "0000001"), i want to add 4 with avl_addr ?

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Another thing to watch out is the DDR2 IP local_be signal, byte enable signal setting.

Feel free to try and error to increment the avl_addr as it's unclear which path in your design is facing the issue now

One thing to take note is you can add signal_tap to monitor your avalon bus transaction to see where thing goes wrong to figure out the issue is with your avalon master or any QSYS interconnect bridge or on your DDR2 IP avalon slave side

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
JJame30
Beginner

ok sir. Thankyou

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

welcome

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Hopefully everything goes well with your issue debug

For now, I am setting this case to closure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos