FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6354 Discussions

is it matrices supported by Altera DSP builder

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys. 

I have 64x64 matrices in my design. I want to convert it into HDL code. Can Altera DSP builder convert this matrix into HDL code? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No matrix does not supported by altera.........u have to send each matrix element one by one.......

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Related to this, I am trying the LUT with Advanced DSP Builder blocks. I want the output to be a vector, and the documentation says vectors can be output, but this doesn't seem to work!? Is this a documentation error, and can't I use LUT for a vector output (I've set the value in the parameter block to a matrix)?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried the example, which I found after searching the dspba directory. Apparently, to get a four-element output vector from LUT, you need to supply the input to LUT as a vector of 4 elements. I had expected to supply just the row index of the vector. For matrices, the LUT block acts like (in this case) 4 independent LUTs, one for each output component. So, thanks Altera for the examples, next time I know where to look!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, there is many useful example that come with DSP builder. In order to convert the design into VHDL, you have to use the blackest from the DSP builder library. Keep in mind that, the design flow of Advance and standard blackest is difference.

0 Kudos