FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

When I'm in the programming window and trying to pass the pof file to MAX I get the following error "Cannot add target device EPCQL1024 to device chain when in current programming mode" how should I proceed? What would be the other way to programming MAX?

SATC
New Contributor I

I have a problem programming the MAX and cyclone 10 GX. In the programming window I can set the .sof file to pass to Cyclone, but when I select the MAX .pof file I get the following error: "Cannot add target device EPCQL1024 to device chain when in current programming mode" how should I proceed? What would be the other way to pass the program to Max?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Sarah,

Is the error coming up as soon as you attach the POF to the chain? or when you are attempting to program your device?  

Are you in Active Serial Mode? 

Also, share information on board or kit, tool edition & version, and the project used.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
SATC
New Contributor I

The error occur when i am trying to pass the POF in the programmer section 

I'm trying to program an Intel Cyclone 10 GX 10CX220 FPGA with the Quartus Prime Pro edition 19.2 version

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

When trying to program the Max device have you tried changing the Programming mode. If its in the JTAG mode, set it to Active Serial and then try.

0 Kudos
SATC
New Contributor I

in the Active Serial mode the board is not detected

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Okay,

To program the MAX 10 device.

1. Open programmer select mode JTAG.
  2. Click on auto-detect and select the device.
  3. Right-click and change the file max10.pof and click program.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos