Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
436 Discussions

Intel issue - games crash

mazhy
Beginner

Hello,

Plan and simple.

speedstep and speed shift causes my games to crash when enabled in BIOS. I must keep these disabled to avoid crashes on random, or even blue screen ... 

Any solution?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900KF 3.19 GHz

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Mazhy,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We appreciate your plain and simple description of your issue, which helped us properly identify what is going on with your system.

Before we can advise you recommendations, it would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page. To run it, please press "Scan". After the scan is finished, click next and there will be a save button, giving you an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply. You can refer to How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* for instructions.

We will wait for your post with the attached logs.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
mazhy
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Mazhy,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Mazhy,

Thank you for your response.

Regarding your issue, we have recommendations in the form of BIOS parameter modifications that can potentially fix the issue that you are having. However, due to the heavily customized nature of your system particularly your board, if would be best if you ask the assistance of your system manufacturer about the following suggestions:

1. Please update the settings prescribed on this page. You need to check some of the settings from the datasheet. For your convenience, I went ahead and researched your PL1, PL2, ICC Max, ICCMax_App settings.

PL1: 253W (if issue persists use 125W)

PL2: 253W (if issue persists use 188W)

ICCMax: 307A (if issue persists use 245A)

ICCMax_App 245A (if issue persists use 200A)

Since your board’s brand is Alienware, you need to check with their support team regarding the settings.

2. Intel has recommended to system and motherboard manufacturers a set of ‘Intel Default Settings’ to be released around the end of May, 2024 for 13th and 14th Generation K Sku processors. Please check with Alienware if they have released a BIOS update with these Intel Default settings.

We will wait for your update regarding the results of these recommendations.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
mazhy
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks for reply. I am not very techy person so Im not sure do I have to find these in my BIOS, if so I am not able t find anything at all, or i can change these in extreme tuning utility? Im not sure where to find these either. 

Also Dell released BIOS update in April, nothing in May

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Mazhy,

We appreciate your prompt reply.

Thank you for letting us know that you are uncomfortable in setting this in BIOS; unfortunately, some of the settings on the list are only configurable inside BIOS. For this reason, we would recommend still for you to reach out to your system manufacturer.  Turbo Boost Power Max (PL1), Turbo Boost Short Power Max (PL2), and ICCMax are configurable in Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.

Much obliged for the information that you shared regarding the BIOS update. If it was released in April, most likely it does not contain the Intel Default Settings; however, please verify this with them to be sure.  

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Mazhy,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to check with the board manufacturer since we have not heard from you. 

Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos