Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Windows* 7/8/8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) Version 3345

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3345 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23406 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23406/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here. However, we are all mostly aware of some of these, so I will list them here;

NEW: The driver reports that you have support for DX11.2. This is incorrect, you have support for DX11.1.

CURRENT:

• Users with 3rd party cards installed alongside Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with 3rd party vendors to resolve them. The latest we are aware of is that AMD* drivers are force-unloading our drivers, resulting in various issues such as loss of multiple-displays, brightness controls, etc.
  • Users with only Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with Microsoft* to resolve them.
  • Users are having Display Audio failures either over an AV/R, or via a straight through connection to their audio enabled display. For starters, you need to uninstall the 3316 or later driver from your system, and install the one we provide via the Intel Download Center links posted above. When you receive a graphics driver automatically via Windows* Update, it does not include the Display Audio driver that is supposed to be packaged with it. This can result in unstable audio errors.

if I have missed any, it is not because we are not aware of them! However, please feel free to remind me of them regardless.

If you are having trouble with installing the driver, it can be for various reasons. Most commonly, it is because your system currently has a driver that was installed by your OEM, and those drivers present various error messages to the effect of "this driver is not suitable for your computer because your OEM said so!". If that is the case, you should follow the http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm Manual Driver Installation instructions to install your driver (this is prefaced by downloading the .ZIP version of the driver from the links above).

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or ...

0 Kudos
281 Replies
blore1
Beginner

I can appreciate that they are stating to use their version of the driver, but we need more firepower behind this if possible; ASUS is simply not listening to us, nic. They state that the issue is fixed - it clearly is not.

Basically, if you can help us breathe down their neck, it would be really appreciated. I assure you that if it is only us contacting them, nothing is going to happen. ASUS does not care about this issue. They want us all to only run windows 8. They have not updated, nor do they seem to have any plans to update, the intel video drivers for the taichi.

0 Kudos
GGold3
Novice

Nic, thank you very much for testing to see the issues I got with the game,

I think it's a problem with the driver because the game was working great on WIN8.0 without any issues, and the issues started just right after I upgraded to WIN8.1 .

So from that the issues can come or from the OS, or from the Graphics card.

Now I do know from what others says on the Steam community forums which got other type of Graphics card and WIN8.1 that they have none of these issues.

And others who do have HD 4000 says they got the same problem and it was also worked good for them before on WIN8.0.

And yea the game is heavy in general, but if it was working great before, it should also work now I guess.

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

Hi nic

first of all thanks for your responses and monitoring this issue.

After you first response today.. i went see what is the driver version on hd 4000 on device maneger-display adapters and shows that the driver version installed is 3345 (on dxdiag you see "microsoft basic display driver", and i'm sure that is it who works)...reboot

After uninstall hd 4000 drivers still hd 4000 with the old 3316.. and uninstall too. reboot

After rebooting... the display adapters were AMD and Microsoft basic display driver.... but in a few secons last one became hd 4000 (3316 driver version) i don't know how.

I then installed 3345 driver version without problems.

And finally the last bios version for hp probook 4540s from link posted.

I restarted again ... the situation is the same.

When enable amd... black screen.. reboot and amd its ok but hd 4000 code 43.

I can see on my new dxdiag on screen data "microsoft basic display driver" but 3345

appears correctly installed.

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice
0 Kudos
SSuki
Beginner

Thank you nick

I have made the Bios Update, and after problem (Blue screen) I had removed all AMD & INTEL drivers, and installed the HP official drivers and...

It worked

BUT !

There is the same problem with the sleep 😕 It wake up on a black screen :'( . Also I tried to install the 3345 drivers as said in the latest nic post, but it failed. I'll give it a second try tonight but I think i'll stick with the suspend problem.

My new DxDiag is in the attached document.

Thank you for helping

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@rikirk: Are you by chance connecting to a USB 3.0 dock or an AV/R Receiver? If so, please try a direct connection from your computer directly to the TV via HDMI. Additionally, according to your I-GDR, you are at the 1920x1080 resolution, which is supported via your EDID - but according to the pictures you have of your TV screen - the resolution being used is much higher than that. Can you set the Scaling option in the Intel® Graphics Control Panel to 'Maintain Display Scaling' and see if you can get rid of your black bars and the blur?

@Ormalash: Yes, with Windows* 8.1 there is no "inbox" driver. If you uninstall all the graphics drivers it will revert to the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", which is fine. However, you are still getting that unknown error message when you try to install the driver... So I just checked the support site for your system. It would appear that it should have a 3rd party graphics card in it from NVidia*. This system may or may not support switchable graphics. Can you try install this driver from NVidia* and see if it changes that Microsoft Basic Display Adapter into an NVidia* card type? http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/70740 Drivers | GeForce

@rtdroid72: Can you give me the full model name of your system? HP ENVY TS 15-?????? There is a 6 digit code afterwards.

@entilza: Yeah 0703 is pretty recent - it probably has the necessary update. As I stated before, when we first reproduced the issue, we were told that users just needed to update their BIOS to resolve it. The problem is that a lot of systems don't get BIOS updates from their OEM's too often, so its not a 'reliable' fix. Glad to see that someones stepping up to the plate and getting those out in a prompt fashion

@SuzuKabe: Can you give me some more information on what happens when it fails? Do you get an error message? Additionally, have you tried using the Manual Driver Installation method? Details here; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm Desktop graphics drivers — How to manually install a driver in Microsoft Windows 8* or Windows 8.1*

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
rnavo
Beginner

Hello Nic.

The PC is directly connected to the Panasonic plasma TV via HDMI.

The other connections are:

1. AverMediaTV Tuner A188 to ATSC Antenna

2. USB 3.0 to External 4TB HD

3. USB 2.0 to Keyboard/Mouse

4. Dedicated Audio USB 2.0 to Teac 501 DAC.

As said unfortunately there is no possibility to change scaling and/or resolutions since both settings are locked in the Intel Graphic Control Panel. In the past (previous drivers) when I tried to force the settings adding and saving a profile the image become corrupted (blurring) and the only way to get out was to shut off the PC, connect it to an external monitor (Dell 19") and reinstall the driver.

If there is any possible way to override the standard setting provided by the intel driver for the Panasonic TV and rescale the image to fit the screen would be great.

0 Kudos
mjong
Beginner

I have installed 64 bit and the driver is tried to install is 64 bit. I used the link in the page but it was the same as on the website. I will try again when i have activated windows after calling windows tomorrow I hope that works. Momentarily only my dedicated graphics card works..

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

Hi again,

Another information.. maybe it is obvious, but

If I disable Amd card on display adapters.. and try to enable intel hd 4000... no black screen

so reboot

And pc turns on normally.. on display adapters i can see; amd disable (disable before reboot) and Intel HD 4000 operating correctly (no code 43)

But if enable amd card.. black screen...and intel card code 43 after reboot.

This dxdiag is when Intel 4000 operating correctly after reboot and amd card has been disable.

tanks for follow these issues

0 Kudos
BJ1
Beginner

@nic

I know in the 3316 thread you mentioned Asus having to release a firmware fix for Taichi21. I know your not Asus but 3345 is performing exactly the same and there's been nothing new out from them. Heard any new rumors on timing?

0 Kudos
ABaz
Beginner

ASUS P8H77-M PRO with Intel® Core™ i5-3570K

Windows 8.1 Pro with Mediacenter 64 Bit

1920x1080 @ 50 Hz

Running Microsoft Windows Mediacenter. Watching live-TV / SD-TV with PAL there are horizontal red short stripes dancing accross the screen. When disabling the option Video / Bildverbesserung / Hauttonverbesserung within the Intel Driverpanel the Picture ist fine.

This issue concerning only SD-TV with PAL. HDTV - is ok.

Greetings

update

0 Kudos
blore1
Beginner

I don't see the issue that us taichi owners are having on this list -- is that a separate thread, or something?

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi brian botkiller. Please refer to this response I posted earlier today;

/message/214709# 214709 https://communities.intel.com/message/214709# 214709

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
blore1
Beginner

BTW, ASUS' link to win 8.1 support for the taichi21 is currently linked to a broken URL. Wow, how surprising is that?

I'm so sick of this. I'm just going to put this laptop into a mulcher. We've obviously been duped by everyone here. I highly suggest that all taichi owners take some serious action against ASUS. This garbage is reprehensible.

0 Kudos
RShan4
Beginner

Hi Nic,

I hope the following information can help you in finding out a solution faster:

btw: I should state i am one affected by the problem below: (lucky only 1 in my domain network I allowed to be an early adopter of 8.1, we needed to test some of our downloadable products on it)

"Users with 3rd party cards installed alongside Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with 3rd party vendors to resolve them. The latest we are aware of is that AMD* drivers are force-unloading our drivers, resulting in various issues such as loss of multiple-displays, brightness controls, etc."

Error code 43

I have the intel 4000 HD card on a I7 3rd gen processor with a 3rd party card.

Third party card is: AMD Radeon HD 7570 1GB GDDR5 (See attached .txt file for specific driver information)

Dell Vostro 470.

Please see the attached file.

Thanks,

RShanks

0 Kudos
blore1
Beginner

I just called ASUS' "VIP" phone line and spent awhile on the phone with a tech, basically complaining.

I hate to do that, but no one is listening about this issue. He is pulling the "It's microsoft's fault" card. I'm getting from this thread that the issue is still in ASUS' camp because as nic stated, ASUS wants us all to download their own version of the Intel drivers.

Again, I really doubt at this point that ASUS is doing anything. They're stringing us along, and acting like it's going to be resolved. I don't see it happening.

0 Kudos
CPenn1
Beginner

If it helps, I still have low resource issues that lead to crashes it a reboot isn't done with 3345. This is on my kid's PC and he gets this mainly when playing Terraria. He's had it happen playing Team Fortress 2 though not since 3345.

0 Kudos
entilza
New Contributor I

Just some good news regarding this driver 3345. I built a new PC for my boss this weekend using:

ASUS H87-PLUS

Intel i5 4670 ( HD4600)

Windows 8.1 OEM DVD

Windows 8.1 installed fine with the 3316 driver, however the HDMI audio was not working (Error 10)

After installing 3345 the HDMI Audio was corrected and everything is running great since. HDMI Monitor sleep/resume works fine.

I do not have a 3d party graphics card, so I cannot comment on those issues. Thanks for your continued support with everyone's issues.

0 Kudos
jlang11
Beginner

Hi Nic,

i'm running a JUD500 Ultra Station via the USB3 / 2 ports. However the issue is still there even without using the device and just having the Samsung 22inch Monitor directly connected. I've attached what you asked.

0 Kudos
RFont1
Beginner

Hi Nic, I've got the same issues as with 3316.

- Code 43

- No brightness adjustable

- Ext monitor not working

- Intel HD control panel does not start up

- NVidia control panel does not start up

See: /message/211450# 211450 https://communities.intel.com/message/211450# 211450

Dell Inspirion 17s

i7-3610QM (2.3GHz)

NVidia GT 650M with Intel HD 4000

0 Kudos
RLore1
Beginner

hello i got some issue with the new driver for 8.1. i can't instal it. i've allready uninstall anything from the HD graphic 4000 but when i put the basic microsoft display when i launch the manual installer of the 3345 i got an error message : " This operation requires an interactive window station. "

i got an intel hd graphics 4000 and an NVIDIA geforce GT 645 M

0 Kudos