Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Windows* 7/8/8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) Version 3345

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3345 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23406 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23406/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here. However, we are all mostly aware of some of these, so I will list them here;

NEW: The driver reports that you have support for DX11.2. This is incorrect, you have support for DX11.1.

CURRENT:

• Users with 3rd party cards installed alongside Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with 3rd party vendors to resolve them. The latest we are aware of is that AMD* drivers are force-unloading our drivers, resulting in various issues such as loss of multiple-displays, brightness controls, etc.
  • Users with only Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with Microsoft* to resolve them.
  • Users are having Display Audio failures either over an AV/R, or via a straight through connection to their audio enabled display. For starters, you need to uninstall the 3316 or later driver from your system, and install the one we provide via the Intel Download Center links posted above. When you receive a graphics driver automatically via Windows* Update, it does not include the Display Audio driver that is supposed to be packaged with it. This can result in unstable audio errors.

if I have missed any, it is not because we are not aware of them! However, please feel free to remind me of them regardless.

If you are having trouble with installing the driver, it can be for various reasons. Most commonly, it is because your system currently has a driver that was installed by your OEM, and those drivers present various error messages to the effect of "this driver is not suitable for your computer because your OEM said so!". If that is the case, you should follow the http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm Manual Driver Installation instructions to install your driver (this is prefaced by downloading the .ZIP version of the driver from the links above).

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or ...

0 Kudos
281 Replies
jlang11
Beginner

Nic,

I tried what you said and I got the warning notification when I tried to install 3345 that my computer didn't meet the minimum standards required for driver.

help?!

0 Kudos
jlang11
Beginner

New update: I managed to install the new driver 3345 yet the same problem still is there. It says code 43.

what now?

0 Kudos
GHenr2
Novice

This is getting really frustrating!

• I've removed the J5 Create USB3 docking station and the related drivers.
  • I've only connected the bare necessities to the laptop.
  • I removed the display drivers (3316) and corresponding files, as well as all folders containing display drivers (i even emptied the waste basket).
  • Having restarted the laptrop I suddenly had another old driver there (3308), instead of the windows basic driver.
  • I removed the driver and the files and whoa, the windows basic driver appears. I then install the 3345 driver and restart the computer. Vòillá, the 3308 is there again!
  • I repeat the previous, but every time I do this, either the 3308 or the 3316 reappear. The 3345 doesn't stay.

...oh, apart from this, I'm still getting Code 43 or sometimes Code 31.

And in case you've lost my basic info: ASUS UX31A, Intel HD4000, i7 3517U Core@1,9 GHz.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@Bokefas: Can you go into your BIOS and see if there is a Graphics Option for "Primary Adapter" or "Primary Display Adapter"? If so, set it to the Intel Graphics, save settings, reboot - and let me know if there is still a black screen.

@Ormaslash: A 3rd party graphics card is a separate component of a system. Our graphics are built into the processor itself, some laptop OEM's will include a second "Discrete Card" (aka 3rd party card). According to your OEM's website, your system supposedly includes one of these. However, you need to contact the OEM of your system to verify that. When you inquire with them about this, if they confirm that there is in fact a discrete card inside - confirm whether or not the system is supposed to be a switchable graphics system, or 3rd party card only.

@rikirk: Please attach those screenshots as well

@rtdroid72: They must be listening to us, as now there is an Intel® driver showing up. However, its one of the old drivers (3071 from April this year!). I won't suggest downgrading your driver to it just yet. Can you check your BIOS and see if there is a Primary Adapter option? If so, make sure it is set to the Intel option. Let me know if you even have this option or not too!

@Tarlach: Can you verify a few things for me please? Firstly, in the BIOS there may be a section for "max graphics virtual memory" or something similar. Can you verify that it is set at the highest value available? Additionally, how much memory is in the system? Also, please attach a copy of the systems DxDiag (Start -> Run -> DxDiag -> Save All Information).

@Billybumper: Can you verify with your OEM whether or not that system has support for Windows* 8.1 yet? Looking at the support site for your product they only provide drivers for Windows* XP and Windows* 7. Likely there will need to be a BIOS update for the system before it will function properly with Windows* 8 or Windows* 8.1.

@FinnGus: Try the following; Go into the Tiles interface, type "Device Installation Settings" and choose the control panel option that shows up. Change the setting to "No, let me choose what to do" and set it to "Never install driver software from Windows Update". Then go back into Tiles and type; "Windows Update", choose the option for "Windows Update Settings". Then go to "Choose how updates get installed" and change it to "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them." Reboot. Do the re-install process again and install 3345. Theoretically you should not have it auto-installing more drivers now. Let me know if you are still getting Code 43/31 after having 3345 installed AND rebooted.

Thanks!

-Nic

0 Kudos
CPenn1
Beginner

nic wrote:

@Tarlach: Can you verify a few things for me please? Firstly, in the BIOS there may be a section for "max graphics virtual memory" or something similar. Can you verify that it is set at the highest value available? Additionally, how much memory is in the system? Also, please attach a copy of the systems DxDiag (Start -> Run -> DxDiag -> Save All Information).

The DxDiag is in post 53 ( ). The setting is set to Auto, which I've never had trouble with before. The system has 8GB of RAM. It was not OOM.

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

Hi Nic,

In BIOS I have only option to turn on/off swichable graphics.

I haven't found graphic options or nothing like display options.

is this possible?

0 Kudos
GHenr2
Novice

nic,

I did what you suggested; turned off all automated updating and rebooted.

• Removed 3308 (w. Code 43) and was asked to reboot, which I did.
  • I installed the 3345 (Driver dated 31.10.2013, downloaded yesterday), and immediately got a Code 43.
  • Was not asked to reboot, but did it and am still experiencing Code 43.

I'll try a few more times and will double check that the settings are as supposed, but if I'm not back within ten minutes with differing news, I'm still having a Status Quo.

Edit: Retried the procedure to no avail. I've created a full event log since everything started, which I've enclosed. I've also included a printscreen for an error message about a missing entry, that started popping up at times after the W8.1 update. Since it hasn't been regular, I'ven't thought much about it, but who knows.

Message was edited by: FinnGus

0 Kudos
rnavo
Beginner

Good morning Nic.

Here are the pictures, Dell means external 19" monitor via HDMI / Panasonic means external plasma TV via HDMI (same hardware configuration).

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
HBurr1
Beginner

I am experiencing vc1 and dxva2 corruption on a haswell i3 in plex. If I disable the hardware acceleration it clears the visual artefacts.

Just tried the latest 15.33.8.64.3345 and still same issue...is this likely to be fixed?

0 Kudos
RLore1
Beginner

by OEM you mean the guy who configure the computer ?.? (YES i'm not someone who got a good knowledge ><)

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Yes - my apologies, OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer. In this case it would be MSI*.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
DBres1
Beginner

They must be listening to us, as now there is an Intel® driver showing up. However, its one of the old drivers (3071 from April this year!). I won't suggest downgrading your driver to it just yet. Can you check your BIOS and see if there is a Primary Adapter option? If so, make sure it is set to the Intel option. Let me know if you even have this option or not too!

I don't see this option. 

0 Kudos
RLore1
Beginner

thanks for the info so i've send a ticket about that but i dont know when they'll answer about this because i've allready send 3 ticket for something else and i never got any answer yet ...

0 Kudos
AKora
Beginner

Hi nic,

I just updated my display driver to the newest (3345), but with no luck. The error still there (code 43). I have i7 3770 cpu with Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 myst ed. (Tahiti-LE) on an Asrock z77 extreme6 motherboard, Windows 8.1 Pro WMC. I can't open the the displaymanager and don't have hibernate option in the shutdown menu and my rapid storage driver doesn't work either (it sais my raid array has some issues, but i know it not true) if I set hd graphics 4000 as my primary display adapter in BIOS. If I plug the vga cable on the amd card and set pcie card back to primary all the problems gone.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@rtdroid72: I'll get back to you on this.

@Ormalash: Can you call them? Usually more effective than web ticketing.

@Adiiiii88: Can you attach a copy of your dxdiag? Also, what driver version do you have installed for your AMD* card?

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
AKora
Beginner

I tried the 13.9 whql and the 13.11 latest beta with the same result. Here is my dxdiag result:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B187SlsmSvtRUXBSSURLVmZnYlk/edit?usp=sharing DxDiag.txt - Google Drive

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@Tarlach: The dxdiag you provided me does not mention that you have an NVidia 660ti as you mentioned in the black screen thread. Did you remove it? If not, what driver version do you have installed for it?

@Bokefas: OEM's usually restrict the settings you have access to in the BIOS. The fact that you don't see the option is not surprising. The dxdiag you provided is showing your graphics driver as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. It also is not showing your 3rd party card in the list. Can you verify that both drivers are installed and which version you have for the 3rd party card?

@vpz: It looks like you tested 3316, but you have not yet installed 3345 yet. Please install 3345 (via instructions on the original post of this thread). Let me know if anything changes for you.

@Adiiiii88: Can you check your BIOS settings and tell me if you have the option to set the graphics card primary and/or enable integrated graphics?

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
VZak
Beginner

Sory, but I test 3345. See my previous message (Sorry, by mistake I wrote 10.18.10.2245 instead of 10.18.10.3345 in it). So I try ALL Intel drivers.

I may repeat the conclusion for all tests I fulfill:

All tests may be combined in 2 groups:

1) intel driver for Win8 (i.e. 9.17.10.2884) + any NVIDIA drivers (i.e. 9.18.13.2683 or 9.18.13.2702 or 9.18.13.3165 or 9.18.13.3182 or9.18.13.3193):

- Divice manager shows that both graphic cards are working normally

- both Intel and NVIDIA panels are accessable

- notebook display is govern by Intel and its resolusion may be tuned.

- any external monitor (I use Samsung C27B750 for tests( is govern only by Intel card and it is impossible to switch to NVIDIA.

- dxDiag shows that both monitors use Intel with VRAM 2 Mb

2) If installed any Win8.1 Intel driver (i.e. 10.18.10.3308 or 10.18.3316 or 10.18.10.3345) and any NVIDIA driver (9.18.13.2683 or 9.18.13.2702 or 9.18.13.3165 or 9.18.13.3182 or9.18.13.3193):

- Divice manager shows that Intel card is stopped with code 43, NVIDIA is working normally

- Intel panel escape from menu

- NVIDIA panel exist in menu, but not accessable

- external monitor (Samsung C27B750) is normally govern by NVIDIA.

- dxDiag shows that notebook monitor is govern by Microsoft basic display driver with VRAM 256 and exteranl monitor by NVIDIA with VRAM 2 Mb

Notes:

1) In all test cases only single combination or Intel + NVidia drivers was installed, i.e. before installation all drived were deleting from noteboke (with checkbox checked).

2) After installation of any Win8.1 version Intel driver (NVIDIA is not installed yet) Divice manager immediately shows code 43!!!

From my tests I make a conclusion that the only reason of the bug is Intel driver for Win 8.1.

Please, let me know what other tests you need in order to improve the discribed situation.

0 Kudos
AKora
Beginner

I have these options set the primary vga to: "onboard", "pci Express" or "pci". if I use the pcie one (amd) than everything works like a charm and I can't see code 43 in the device manager and rapid storage technology sais the system works just fine. But I can't disable/enable onboard graphics from bios, that's just priority setting.

0 Kudos
VZak
Beginner

Hi Nic,

Additionally I may notice following: I I switch to Save Mode when installed any Win 8.1. Intel driver Device manage shows that that Intel driver working normally. But if I return to normal mode it shows code 43.

0 Kudos
CPenn1
Beginner

nic wrote:

@Tarlach: The dxdiag you provided me does not mention that you have an NVidia 660ti as you mentioned in the black screen thread. Did you remove it? If not, what driver version do you have installed for it?

I have two PCs so I was probably confusing, sorry. The other PC (the one with the 660 Ti) is attached. Both this one and the PC in post 53 have had BSODs (same signature). The PC in this post doesn't really get them now that I have the 660Ti in, but does suffer from a black screen problem if I set the primary adapter to PCIe or Auto. I have to leave it set to iGPU and then not see anything until Windows gets to the login screen and switches to the 660 Ti.

0 Kudos