Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Windows* 7/8/8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) Version 3345

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3345 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23406 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23406/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here. However, we are all mostly aware of some of these, so I will list them here;

NEW: The driver reports that you have support for DX11.2. This is incorrect, you have support for DX11.1.

CURRENT:

• Users with 3rd party cards installed alongside Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with 3rd party vendors to resolve them. The latest we are aware of is that AMD* drivers are force-unloading our drivers, resulting in various issues such as loss of multiple-displays, brightness controls, etc.
  • Users with only Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with Microsoft* to resolve them.
  • Users are having Display Audio failures either over an AV/R, or via a straight through connection to their audio enabled display. For starters, you need to uninstall the 3316 or later driver from your system, and install the one we provide via the Intel Download Center links posted above. When you receive a graphics driver automatically via Windows* Update, it does not include the Display Audio driver that is supposed to be packaged with it. This can result in unstable audio errors.

if I have missed any, it is not because we are not aware of them! However, please feel free to remind me of them regardless.

If you are having trouble with installing the driver, it can be for various reasons. Most commonly, it is because your system currently has a driver that was installed by your OEM, and those drivers present various error messages to the effect of "this driver is not suitable for your computer because your OEM said so!". If that is the case, you should follow the http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm Manual Driver Installation instructions to install your driver (this is prefaced by downloading the .ZIP version of the driver from the links above).

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or ...

0 Kudos
281 Replies
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Cinebench R15 OpenGL issues are already fixed in newer drivers.

0 Kudos
BDole2
Beginner

Nic, you wrote: "I was able to play Dolby 5.1 and Stereo without issue, using both the AV/R and not using the AV/R."

Dolby Digital 5.1 is not the problem, Dolby Digital Plus is the problem. Are you sure you're bitstreaming to the receiver? The way to test is with House of Cards, which is DD+ and unplayable on my NUC, except in stereo.

This is not a hardware issue with my receiver, which plays DD+ just fine with my PS3 and my laptop (Nvidia 770M). My NUC is 100% up-to-date on everything. Now, I honestly can't verify the HDMI cable, since Intel chose to use a mini-HDMI connector, but a cable issue is really unlikely considering how many people have reported the same problem on this thread.

Let's just say this needs fixing before House of Cards season 2 begins. The whole reason I bought the NUC was to dump the PS3.

0 Kudos
FBerb
Novice

Hello, thanks for the answer.

After reading on Adobe's forums for my flash video's stuttering problem, i reverted my flash version to an older one that seems to be working, it's a temporary workaround, and i really have no idea where the problem comes from, can't be sure it's either flash or the drivers.

3375 drivers really don't work on numerous HP systems, i have seen the problem being reported a lot of time on HP's forums.

3345 seems to work fine, as i said, i have no way to test external display, so i can't comment/report about it working or not.

My dxdiag is in attached to this reply, if you need any further log, will be pleased to help.

Thank you for your help in this issue.

P.S: Here is a link to the thread i found on Adobe's forums, not sure whether it can help or not, but seems it contains a workaround, might help other users.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5910927# 5910927 http://forums.adobe.com/message/5910927# 5910927

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Age of Empires 2 HD Edition suffers from a low clock bug. HD4600 is running with 600 Mhz which is running with roughly 30 fps, after some time playing the clock frequency suddenly goes up to 1050 Mhz. Still not ideal, only 80% GPU usage. There are some performance/clock issues in this game.

edit

ups I had v3071 installed. So with v3345 it runs with 800-900 Mhz....way below 1200 Mhz of my i5-4670. Performance is way better from the beginning nevertheless--> 56-57 fps. But there must be still some sort of bug.

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

Hello nic.

Using latest LAV filters from here http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-0.59.1-109-g22c2744.zip http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-0.59.1-109-g22c2744.zip I can play DXVA VC-1 files with Intel HD graphics (Pentium G3420).

But this one http://www.sendspace.com/file/7o6usa Download Oldtimers_2880X1080p_Side-by-Side_2.wmv from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way has image distortion problem in DXVA HW accelerated decoder.

Using QuickSync decoder plays fine.

I believe it's a drivers bug.

Can you take a look ?

Regards,

Nikos

0 Kudos
GTan3
Beginner

Hello, Nic! I have an Asus Zenbook Prime Touch. Windows 8.1 i5 3317U.

First, i tried the self installing format but it said that the driver is not validated for my computer.

So, i tried the zip file and installed it manually but it said that my driver is already up to date (it's 3308).

Can you help me with updating my driver?

0 Kudos
SHeus
Beginner

@nic: Thank you for your help. I have now completely reinstalled Windows 8.1, updated everything using Windows Update, and then manually installed the missing HD4000 3345 drivers, and the Management Engine drivers for the Asus P8H77-I. Same problem as before, when bitstreaming Netflix Dolby Digital Plus Audio the video is running at 1-2 fps and the AVR does not receive a proper Dolby Digital Plus audio stream. Disabling exclusive mode and letting the PC handle the decoding works of course but this is not the proper way to handle this problem. When switching to the Radeon 5450 the problem vanishes.

What else can we do to help you address this issue?

0 Kudos
MHans10
Beginner

BUG: Driver 3308 reinstalls itself after 3345 is installed.

I disabled automatic updates and disconnected from the internet, then went about uninstalling driver 3308. I was successful, and installed driver 3345 manually through the device manager. I even verified that the driver number was updated after I was finished. I reconnected to the internet and turned my settings back on, and driver 3308 immediately reinstalled.

When I go to the intel site to check for driver updates, it says that 3345 is the latest driver. If that is the case, why is 3308 always being reinstalled?

EDIT: could this be an issue with my BIOS? I have an Asus R500VD, and under msinfo32 it says BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. K55VD.404 8/20/2012. So my BIOS version is almost 2 years old. I went to the Asus support site, looked up the R500VD downloads, and saw that they had released a bunch of new BIOS updates, but I've never had to update a BIOS before, so I don't know what I'm doing or if I'm downloading the correct thing.

0 Kudos
NS12
Beginner

I'm adding to the thread as another frustrated user. I've been following this and the other thread for a couple months and have tried the work arounds suggested with no success. I've got an Acer Aspire with the intel HD4000 series graphics chipset and also get the code 43 error no matter what I do. Wifey uses this machine for only a couple of things, streaming Netflix and Amazon instant video being the major use. This shouldn't be an issue, but it is. 1-2 FPS on any video played isn't acceptable. Before the 8.1 update everything was fine. Now... not so much.

Please fix your product. It is embarrassing at this point. She made the switch from an Apple product (iPad, duh) to a Windows machine- but this problem is making her think that she made a mistake with that.

0 Kudos
RFont1
Beginner

I had to re-install my laptop with Windows 8.1 x64 to solve this issue. (code 43)

Now all is working perfectly (with HD4000 driver 10.18.10.3379)

DELL Inspiron 17S

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

Hello again.

Today I noticed a new Microsoft Update (optional update) suggesting me to install a newer driver than 3345.

How come Microsoft Update has a newer driver than Intel's download center ?

The details of the update are the following:

Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics

Download size: 94,4 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Optional

Intel Corporation Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 software update released in December, 2013

More information:

http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx

Help and Support:

http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

0 Kudos
MHans10
Beginner

To everyone who has had this issue with gaming and the intel driver crashing, I was given a stable (though I think temporary) solution for an integrated Intel HD 4000 and Nvidia 610m Geforce.

http://serato.com/video/support/15693/changing-graphics-card-settings-to-use-your-dedicated-gpu-on-a-windows-computer Changing graphics card settings to use your dedicated GPU on a Windows computer. | Serato Video Support | Serato.com

The UI interfaces are a bit different, but the overall steps to change them both to performance instead of quality are listed in 1-8. I noticed that the low memory issue after 8.1 seemed to be a related cause to my computer BSODing. Changing the graphics to performance has since stopped that memory issue in most cases (though it comes up on a few games), but all my games that previously blue screened have stopped.

I am currently using driver 3308.

0 Kudos
RKreb
Beginner

Same to me. Acer Latop, HD 4000 und nvidia GT650M. I get the low memory warnig, if i play a

game in Fullscreen and the resolution and refreshrate Ingame, is not the same as the desktop

resolution and refreshrate. The vritual memory grows and grows (pagefile), about 1GB per 15

seconds! This happens since i updated to win 8.1.

Here a screenshot, if to change from fullscreen to window-mode, the allocated memory will immediately freed.

It is a big memory leak, please solve this!

0 Kudos
KTol
Beginner

This version makes my screen flash after a min ore so of inactivenes and if i watch youtube the video turns green.

It allsow makes turning of screen and hibernation unstable some times it work some times it domt.

Went back to15.31.17.64.3257 and problem disapeared.

attaching dxdiag exsport

System:

Windows 7 64bits

Hd 4000

Fujitsu Lifebook E753

0 Kudos
selen1
Beginner

BUG: Driver reverts to 3308  

I was able to install 3345 ever since the update came out, and my graphics card and sound has worked correctly.

However, the driver continues to revert back to 3308. I have tried to turn off all automatic updates. Every time I check the next day, the driver reverts to 3308. I had thought that since 3345 is the newest update that it would stay updated even if I'm manually updating the driver.

I have to install 3345 or rollback 3345 every single day, and would have to completely disconnect from the internet so that it won't revert back.

Please find a solution. Thank you.

System: Windows 8.1 64bit

Cards: Intel HD 4600, Nvidia GeForce GT 750M

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

Hello again.

I would like to ask from Intel engineers, if it's possible for the next drivers and after, to not pre-configure VPP functions with the installation of the driver.

Because after 2 months using Intel HD graphics - iGPU GT1 - of my Pentium G3420, I realized that some "hidden" options of VPP operations - selected automatically after driver's installation by Intel and not me - inside driver's Control Panel, had a major performance hit (more than 50%) during video decoding.

I think it's better to set everything to "Application settings" without anything preconfigured and leave the options to the user.

Thank you and keep the nice work with Intel's drivers!

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

@ nic

Hello.

Any news about fixes/ duplication of problems or a new driver version ?

Regards,

Nikos

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@vkamenen: There was a driver released for your motherboard at the end of 2012 to enable support for Windows* 8. There was one afterwards with a number of fixes. Since you currently have a BIOS that pre-dates both of these, please update the BIOS on your motherboard and let me know if the issue is resolved or not . Here's the link; http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS&Model=H61M-DGS H61 Motherboard Series Manufacturing - ASRock Inc. Go for version 1.60.

@RobbieT: We have been able to reproduce various audio issues with the NUC here recently. I will look into the Netflix* issue and see if that has also been reproduced. If not, I will test it myself.

@Gosa: Looking at other threads you've been involved in, it would appear that you have the latest BIOS and Drivers installed, but are still having issues displaying content on your monitor via either HDMI or DVI connection. Can you verify the following for me please?

1. How long have you been using this motherboard/processor/operating system configuration?

2. Has it ever worked normally? If so, what driver were you using?

3. If it has worked normally, when did it stop functioning properly?

4. The work-around you are currently using from this thread; - after disabling the work-around, is your issue still present?

5. Are you using any adapters, adapter cables, AV/R's, or other additional hardware between your system and your display aside from just a straight-through cable?

@imarmed: See my reply to RobbieT.

@kldoc: I can't find the support website for your product. Can you contact HP* and confirm whether they have a BIOS update for your system? The product explanation page I found for your system says it is only capable of handling Windows* 7, but it may be out of date if they have expanded the OS support via BIOS update.

@Yups: Thanks for the report, I'll take a look at it. This is a Steam* game correct? Is there a trial available?

@LEVYNECESITO!: No ETA on new drivers yet :\. 3345 is the latest we offer, Windows* Update might have a the 3379 version available. If not though, your best bet is to wait for us to release a new one (again, no ETA).

@NikosD: OpenCL* and Intel® Clear Video Technology is not validated or supported for Intel® Pentium™/Celeron™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics. That is not to say that it does not work, it very well may - but we do not acknowledge it. Simpy put, the hardware may have been built with it, but the driver was not - and the driver does not shut it off either. The documentation is correct though, there is no support for that feature on that product.

In regards to the acceleration issue with DXVA - what software are you using for video playback? I am unfamiliar with LAVFilters, so if you can - please provide information as to what they are for and how to use them

Lastly, in regards to Windows* Update offering you 3379.. OEM's have special access to drivers being developed by Intel®. They can test these drivers themselves, and if they like them - they'll ask Microsoft* to host them for their specific systems - which in turn makes them available on Windows* Update. We do not post every driver we create though. 3379 is a good example of this; we didn't post it live on the download center because it has issues with Windows* 7 and we don't like to post drivers that have issues.

@Kerouan: If the manual driver installation steps http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm here are not working, try the following;

1. Turn off Windows* Update (temporarily) or unplug your network connection (again, temporarily). This will prevent Windows* Update from automatically re-installing 3308.

2. Go to Device Manager

3. Right click 'Uninstall' on the Intel® Graphics Driver

4. When prompted to "Delete all associated files", select the checkbox and continue

5. Reboot your computer

6. Repeat steps 2-5 until the display adapter shows as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter."

7. Re-install the latest graphics driver (3345).

@sh83: See my reply to RobbieT.

@Grammaton485: We do not have control over Windows* Update. We are also not the ones who post our drivers there (usually an OEM will post the driver there for their users benefit). As such, I am not sure why it is unloading 3345 to install an older driver automatically. I would recommend switching your Windows* Update settings to "prompt me before install/install important updates only". When we release another driver (hopefully soon...) you can turn your settings back to normal and see if Windows* Update wants to supersede your authority again.

@Swanee: Please attach a copy of your dxdiag. (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

@duyvisalsereenfuifis: Glad to hear your issue was resolved Operating systems are so easy to re-install these days, and they tend to fix so many issues, more people should do it!

@Tinface: Asus* just released a BIOS update a week ago that is supposed to improve system stability. Here's the download; https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H77I/# support https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H77I/# support This may or may not help you at all, but it wouldn't hurt to try. As far as the Netflix* issue is concered, please see my reply to RobbieT.

@Kristian: I would recommend waiting for our next driver release since you are using Windows* 7. I don't see a new BIOS on your products support site, nor a work-around for the issue.

@simplyelena: Follow the uninstall instructions I provided to Kerouan. It might be that the system is automatically re-installing it based off of existing files it has stored locally, and deleting them via that method might help. It is definitely not our driver going rogue and re-installing itself on your system, Windows* is telling it to (unknown why).

@Els: See my reply to RobbieT.

To everyone, I will again restate. We do not have an ETA on the next driver launch from Intel®. We have had several pushbacks that have prevented us from posting newer drivers. We should have one in the near future though.

Thank you,

-Nic

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@NikosD: What VPP settings are you asking to have set on an individual toggle specifically? Please provide a list if there is one

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
FBerb
Novice

Hello,

Actually, this model was mainly available in China, therefore the support website is in Chinese (despite i'm not Chinese neither can i read it), and yes, they did upgrade the bios for Windows 8 support have full Windows 8 support.

It's an I7 3612qm (quad core) ivy bridge along with HD4000 and Geforce GT650m, same config as one of the Imac that got released last year, and from what i read, those Imac have the same problem on the windows update driver for the HD4000. I managed to get rid of the stuttering in video using a downgrade of Flash (might be their fault after all) and the problem isn't present on Chrome. Only Windows driver update lead to a black screen, same as many user reported on similar config, but 3345 works actually fine. So i guess i can live with it.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
FBerb
Novice

That's actually the US product support page :

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5264348 HP Pavilion dv6-7002tx Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Support

0 Kudos