Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Windows* 7/8/8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) Version 3345

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3345 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23406 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23406/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here. However, we are all mostly aware of some of these, so I will list them here;

NEW: The driver reports that you have support for DX11.2. This is incorrect, you have support for DX11.1.

CURRENT:

• Users with 3rd party cards installed alongside Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with 3rd party vendors to resolve them. The latest we are aware of is that AMD* drivers are force-unloading our drivers, resulting in various issues such as loss of multiple-displays, brightness controls, etc.
  • Users with only Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with Microsoft* to resolve them.
  • Users are having Display Audio failures either over an AV/R, or via a straight through connection to their audio enabled display. For starters, you need to uninstall the 3316 or later driver from your system, and install the one we provide via the Intel Download Center links posted above. When you receive a graphics driver automatically via Windows* Update, it does not include the Display Audio driver that is supposed to be packaged with it. This can result in unstable audio errors.

if I have missed any, it is not because we are not aware of them! However, please feel free to remind me of them regardless.

If you are having trouble with installing the driver, it can be for various reasons. Most commonly, it is because your system currently has a driver that was installed by your OEM, and those drivers present various error messages to the effect of "this driver is not suitable for your computer because your OEM said so!". If that is the case, you should follow the http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm Manual Driver Installation instructions to install your driver (this is prefaced by downloading the .ZIP version of the driver from the links above).

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or ...

0 Kudos
272 Replies
BSmit27
Beginner

I use an ASUS KC55 model notebook.

I have taken all necessary steps for installing these updated drivers in order to avoid the igdkmd64.sys error that is commonly mentioned. I installed this file in zip format and went to driver manager and I took care of the updating procedure.

I, however, still cannot get past this problem. When I install the 3345 driver, over time, my computer will have its VGA driver update once again... back to the previous (and problematic) driver, labelled 3308. On this driver, I get memory issues regarding when I run games alongside dreaded BSoDs at random.. Note that I am shortening these driver names down.

Attempting to go through my manufacturer's (ASUS's) website leads me to installing the problematic 3308 driver rather than the 3345 driver. At this point, I'm trying to go through ASUS's support services so that I could try to get some brief tech support on this matter, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue... has anyone found a solution for this, if it has happened to them?

The only thing I have not tried yet is uninstalling the 3308 driver entirely by uninstalling it through device manager then booting my computer in safe mode to install the 3345 driver.

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

@nic

Hello again.

I gave a try to the new amazing application MadShaders v0.3.0 with various OpenGL (GLSL) pixel shader demos.

The app is here http://www.geeks3d.com/20140205/madshaders-0-3-0-released-with-10-new-mind-blowing-demos-windows-osx-and-linux-downloads/ MadShaders 0.3.0 Released with 10 new Mind-Blowing Demos (Windows, OS X and Linux) | Geeks3D

Running through all the demos, most of them look beautiful with my GT1 iGPU of Pentium G3420.

BUT one of them is crashing completely the app and a few have serious false rendering.

The false rendering was obvious when the same test was running next to an Nvidia GT610 card with latest drivers.

So, in order to help you save time and not run the whole batch of tests (although it would be interesting for you), I marked the mentioned faulty tests:

1) The crash happens with # 6254.0 test

2) False rendering with the following seven (7) tests:

Distance Estimated DoF

Britney's Spaceship

Fractal Cartoon

Space Racing Lite

Creepy Mountains

Dolphin

# 9110.0

Please don't ask me what exactly is false rendering.

Test those OpenGL pixel shaders demo with an Nvidia card and you will see immediately the difference.

Thanks,

Nikos

0 Kudos
TNils1
Beginner

Got an new HP EliteBook 840 I7-3600U, Intel HD 4400, 8GB Ram and a new HP Z30i monitor with resolution 2560x1600 60Hz.

I got problems with the monitor Z30i, it goes down in Power save mode when ill connect it to the laptop whit DP. I have tryed DP to DP and DP to DVI cabels nothing works. I have tryed Intel driver 10.18.10.3345 and the one form Microsoft update 10.18.10.3379. I have tryed both Windows 8 64Bit and 8.1 64Bit

I got 2560x1600 one time when i tryed a more powerful AC adapter with Windows 8 64Bit and then i reinstalled to Windows 8.1 and the monitor went down in Power save mode

AC Adapter Model: HSTNN-LA12

INPUT: 100-240V~ 3.5A, 50-60Hz

OUTPUT: 19.5V 11.8A 230W

My 4 years old IBM x201 with Intel HD Graphics works fine with the Z30i monitor on DP to DP cable

0 Kudos
TF1
Beginner

One thread of 33 pages and now this one going into page 19, (combined with countless other threads) and not a single thing has been fixed- going back months now. This is affecting not a specific brand of pc/laptop, and instead of having a fix you make the consumers run around trying fixes that don't work- personally I think you know it won't work, but still intel reps advise people to change bios', do this do that.

So glad I spent money on a high end laptop that I can't ever update my windows system from 8.0 because between Intel and Microsoft they don't know what is going on.

Consumers who purchased a machine with your product in it are getting screwed over.

Keep up the good work intel!

Get it fixed please.

0 Kudos
JJaak
Beginner

I can confirm netflix app dolby digital plus issue, when i enable dd 5.1 in netflix, sound dissapears and movie plays in slow motion, stereo mode play just fine. I tested this with different drivers, but no luck, DD plus just dont work with netflix app. But what is weird, dolby digital plus test file from dolby web site plays just fine! I also test this with another GPU, i installed my old nvidia gtx 460 ti to my htpc and...suprise! DD plus plays loud and clear in netflix. Every sound format plays whitout problem from bluray, DVD, AVI and MKV, DD5.1 plus, DD 5.1, DTS, True HD, DTS HD MA and etc..My guess is this problem has something to do with drivers way handle DRM, EDID, HDCP etc..

My htpc setup is:

-Windows 8.1 64 bit pro

-Intel Core i3-4330

-Asrock H87M PRO4

-Kingston HyperX 8GB

-LG bluray drive

-Samsung 840 pro for Windows

-WD digital 3tb storage

-Pioneer Vsx 921k AV receiver

-Samsung full hd tv

-connected with HQ hdmi cables

-Internet connection 40/10 fast enough for netflix
0 Kudos
FEnge
Novice

Hello nic,

we are a small company in germany selling mini-pcs based on intel hardware.

We have a problem with windows crashing (bsod) when unplugging HDMI / Displayport

and connecting again. At first there is the error:

"Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

But when unplugging and plugging again 2-3 times Windows is crashing. Sometimes

it crashes at the first time unplugging HDMI / Displayport:

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80076314e0, fffff88004e4a540, 0, d}

Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+1d540 )

MODULE_NAME: igdkmd64

IMAGE_NAME: igdkmd64.sys

We tried to narrow down the problem without success:

1) Unplugging / Plugging works on Ubuntu!

2) We tried different boards (on 3 ASUS Q87T)

3) We tried different memory

4) We tried several BIOS-settings related to the iGPU

5) We tried several BIOS-versions

6) We tried Windows 7 x64 und Windows 8.1 x64 (same effect on both)

7) We tried different Driver-Versions (3345, older version on intel site + driver from ASUS)

Any idea why this happens? It drives me crazy ...

Best regards,

Felix

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

@nic

According to the official specs here http://ark.intel.com/products/codename/55844/Bay-Trail?q=Bay Trail http://ark.intel.com/products/codename/55844/Bay-Trail?q=Bay Trail, none of the whole line of Bay Trail products (Celeron/ Pentium/ Atom) has InTru 3D support.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Got an Acer Aspire P3 with an HD 4000 chipset. No 3rd party GPU whatsoever.

BUGS: Intel HD 4000 Control Panel crashing as soon as I open it with version 3308 and getting error 43 when trying to install the latest driver. That's terrible support.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@NikosD: I'm working on getting that documentation straightened out. However, I've received clarification that for your product, support is as follows;

• OpenCL: Exists on the chip, is not turned off by the driver, but is not officially supported for Intel® Pentium™ and Celeron™ Processors, with the exception of those formerly code-named as Bay Trail.
  • Clear Video HD: Not supported.
  • InTru™ 3D: Not supported. In regards to the support for products formerly codenamed Bay Trail though; The Pentium™ and Celeron™ Processors have functionality the same as OpenCL. It is not directly supported, but it is not turned off either. For the Atom™ Processors though, there is support. The feature is not documented on any of the pages you linked for the Atom™ Processors... I will see about getting that fixed. Nice catch

Intel® Pentium™ & Celeron™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics (formerly code named Bay Trail) are actually a completely different product for a completely different purpose. They have the same name, which I understand is really confusing (hence the reason we have to clarify it with the former codename), but it is actually a separate product (seriously, I apologize for them having the same name, really!). They are not actually older though, and were released around the same time as the 4th generation of Intel® Celerons™ and Pentiums™.

The reason I'm asking for specific settings to be switched to App controlled/Off is because all decisions made to changing the Intel® Graphics Control Panel need a justification for doing so. We can't just say "because it is being asked for", we need to know "why they want it changed that way". Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, for the MadShaders* report, I will take a look at it.

@ewtaylo: Please clarify the following for me. Initially you stated; "this issue occurs when a full screen video program runs at a different setting than the desktop", followed by "Verify that WMC has the TV set to 1920x1080, 60Hz. This will match the desktop.." and that this will show the issue. Is it that you are experiencing the low memory warning when you are running at the same resolution/refresh rate as the desktop, or when WMC* has been configured to run at a different resolution/refresh rate? Additionally, are you only seeing this issue with WMC*, or is there another application that shows the same behavior that you can reference?

@ConfusedBiney: Can you attach a copy of your dxdiag (start -> run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information) as wellas your Intel® Graphics Report (ctrl+alt+f12 -> options -> information center -> Save). Additionally, please provide the make/model of your system (or motherboard if it is not an OEM system).

@TubEtubSockA: Can you provide the same reports that I asked ConfusedBiney for please? Also, can you verify what power setting your laptop is set to? If set to power saver or balanced, please try "high performance" and let me know if that resolves the issue or not.

@doomstone & Netflix* issue users; please standby for more information.

@felix.cirrus7: Please attach the same reports I asked ConfusedBiney for above. Usually the issue you're referring to (which we call the 'TDR' issue) occurs only on older hardware, and is resolved via newer drivers. However, we have not seen this on newer hardware. I'll take a look at your reports and see if I can't find something.

@240-185: Please attach the same reports I asked ConfusedBiney for up above.

Thanks all,

-Nic

0 Kudos
TWalt3
Beginner

I get blank screens all the time ever sense going to 8.1. The screen just blanks (it doenst turn off) since I can move the mouse, but no errors or anything. Looks like I have to go back 8 unless someone has a solution?

0 Kudos
ETayl
Beginner

@nic-

The issue occurs when a full screen program runs at a different resolution or refresh rate than the desktop. It is the exact problem that Ray Krebbs reported that he fixed by going to driver 2884 (he runs HD 4000, 3rd generation graphics). Because I run HD 4600 graphics I am unable to run driver 2884. I can tell you that I have installed and tested every single windows 8 and 8.1 HD 4600 driver and that they all have this issue when run under windows 8.1

To answer your first question, the issue only occurs if the full screen program and the desktop resolutions/refresh rates do not match. In other words, if I have the desktop set to 1920x1080 60hz and I have WMC set to 1920x1080 60hz AND I never, EVER turn off the TV, then all is fine.

Back in post # 261, I detailed how to get this problem to show up. Set the desktop to 1920x1080 60hz. Set WMC full screen to 1920x1080 60hz. Leave WMC at the main menu. To get the resolutions to not match, simply turn off the TV <-- I guess I didn't mention in that post that turning off the power to a display causes Windows to switch the resolution to 1024x768. Don't ask me why they do this, people have been complaining about this behavior since windows 7.

Your second question: Additionally, are you only seeing this issue with WMC*, or is there another application that shows the same behavior that you can reference?

The 4770K i7 chip in question runs exactly three things: 1) Windows 8.1, 2) WMC, 3) XBMC. The exact same behavior is seen when full screen XBMC is running. If the resolutions/refresh match all is well. If the do not, then the low memory dialog will pop up.

Salient facts:

I am able to force the resolution mismatch by turning off the display.

When the same hardware setup was running Windows 8 this issue was not seen.

This only happens under Windows 8.1.

Under windows 8.1 every single HD 4600 driver ever released by intel shows the behavior I have detailed.

This problem is also being reported by gamers who play at full screen resolutions different from their desktop

This issue affects all 3rd and 4th generation HD graphics users. 3rd generation users can utilize driver 2875 or 2884 (and perhaps other non-8.1 drivers). 4th generation users have no alternative drivers to utilize.

I know for a fact that this issue affects HD graphics. It may also affect NVIDIA and AMD graphics as well.

0 Kudos
LNece
Beginner

@nic

this memory leak has been in the two latest updates. Can you do something about this. I noticed this why playing several games for a while now. Maybe it is cause of the recent reports that intel drivers have compatibility to 40% of the games today because of the memory leak.

Please repair this in the upcoming updates. Looking forward to your driver update. Thanks

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

@nic

Thank you for your detailed reply.

Just to summarize my Q&A:

1) Have you managed to duplicate the image distortion problem happening with this VC-1 clip, when using DXVA native or copy-back in any Ivy/ Haswell GPU ?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7o6usa Download Oldtimers_2880X1080p_Side-by-Side_2.wmv from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

I' ve tried MPC-HC and PotPlayer that have the best ffmpeg DXVA implementation and they have both image distortion problems.

If you know any other player (open source or commercial) that can decode it in DXVA mode without problems, please advice me so, after you validate it yourself of course!

2) About VPP settings there are two main reasons to toggle them "OFF" and "Application settings"

Performance degradation (about 50%) and image distortion (banding, colors etc), when the VPP settings are toggled "ON" and "Driver settings"

Please do some performance metrics and image quality tests (at least performance metrics are easier) to verify the above.

3) I wrote about Bay Trail-D that is older than my Pentium G3420, because it uses IvyBridge Intel HD graphics processor with only 4 EUs, when my Pentium uses Haswell GT1 GPU.

So, I see no reason that my HW, Haswell GPU has no official or "unofficial" InTru 3D support.

If you leave InTru 3D on, in your drivers, is there something in Haswell Pentium that is missing and can't support it ?

4) About Intel Clear Video HD, I insist that is supported because I have QuickSync DXVA acceleration decoding and advanced VPP functions like de-interlacing, image scaling, chroma scaling etc.

Is there any post-processing or decoding feature of Intel Clear Video HD described in this PDF

https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/clear-video-hd/clear-video-hd-technology-general.html Improve Video Quality with Intel® Clear Video HD Technology that Pentium G3000 series are missing ?

Waiting for your feedback regarding MadShaders.

Regards,

Nikos

0 Kudos
MJons3
Beginner

I have a brand new Intel NUC D54250WYK2 with a freshly installed Windows 8.1 Pro x64. All drivers + bios is updated on the Intel NUC D54250WYK2 ... but I also have 1 fps in Netflix

I'm puzzled that this has not been fixed yet - either by Intel or Netflix (whomever got the problem)!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

My reports are attached with this post.

Hope you like to read French.

0 Kudos
ISano
Beginner

I'm having the same problem as above, only when connected to an external monitor.

Please guys, fix this issue in your next update...

0 Kudos
MBarr15
Beginner

I have an Asus X501A, Windows 8.1, 64-bit, Intel HD 4000. I'm getting the igdkmd64.sys BSOD.

When i try to update the new driver for the graphics, it tells me "Error: The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufacturer. Setup will exit.

When trying to manually install it using the Zip file, it tells me that it already has the current version installed so i don't know what i can do from here.

Here's the DxDiag.

SBail5
Beginner

I cannot get a working driver for my HP 6570b with HD 4000 graphics card. I tried the 3345 driver from Intel. It installs but the video breaks up in to chunks and moves around the screen. It also distorts when navigating.

Every driver that I try does the same thing, the video breaks in to chunks and there are distortions.

The issue occurs docked or undocked, with or without an external monitor.

I am currently using the basic Microsoft driver which is extremely slow. However, it is clear.

0 Kudos
IMilo
Novice

Hello to you all,

Just downloaded 10.18.10.3412 and install. No progress I'm still have no luck displaying picture to DVI.

Driver acts as all previous before this version.

Does Intel have some awareness about this problem?
0 Kudos
KTol
Beginner

@Nic

Tryd the newer 15.33.14.64.3412 but green youtube problem stil exists, did not test the hibernation issue this time.

But now is se a windows error that i did see whit the 3345 (didnt look for it then at all)

event id: 4101:

Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category

Warning 25.02.2014 18:51:58 Display 4101 None Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

allsow i see a yellow warning in the systray that display driver stoped working. se pic it ys win8 but im still running win7 64;)

Regards Kristian

0 Kudos
aarth4
Beginner

I'm not as hardcore as most of the people on this thread, so please excuse me if I'm not providing the right information. All I know is that my video card doesn't display for my two monitors. When I boot up, everything looks fine, I see Windows 8.1 trying to boot up fine, but after the Windows logo disappears, I get two blank screens (DVI + HDMI). If I use Safe Mode, both will appear fine. Help! I've tried quite a few things like uninstalling Intel Graphics HD 3000 from Device Manager (deleting drivers), BIOS settings, etc. I cannot get a consistent boot where both displays will show. "Sometimes" they'll appear...usually after I've removed the Intel drivers, but not consistently. 99% of the time, I just get blank screens.

Motherboard: ASUS P8H77-M

Video Card: ASUS R7 240 (I tried two other video cards too...and they behave the same way) - PCIe

I'm at a loss...I can't use a separate video card. So disappointed.

0 Kudos