Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Adding of Block system file to NIOS Processor

Mathiazhagan
Novice

Hi there,

Am New to the intel quartus software, Could anyone please suggest me is there any option to add the customized or user defined block system file with the NIOS Processor,

By writing verilog code i created the block system file, i want to either convert the .bsf file into an IP or how to connect the .bsf file directly to the NIOS Processor.

If anyone know the solution please share the available docs, links to me 

Thanks in Advance 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I was confused because .bsf is a block symbol file, not block system file.

In any case, a Nios processor must be created in a Platform Designer system.  When you generate the system, you can choose the option to create a .bsf file for the system, which you can then include in a .bdf schematic file and connect to your code.

Or you could turn your code into a Platform Designer custom component and connect it to Nios in Platform Designer, but that requires knowledge of using Component Editor in Platform Designer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I was confused because .bsf is a block symbol file, not block system file.

In any case, a Nios processor must be created in a Platform Designer system.  When you generate the system, you can choose the option to create a .bsf file for the system, which you can then include in a .bdf schematic file and connect to your code.

Or you could turn your code into a Platform Designer custom component and connect it to Nios in Platform Designer, but that requires knowledge of using Component Editor in Platform Designer.

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

You can refer to below for creating a custom IP component in Platform Designer for connecting it to Nios II.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683609/21-3/creating-components.html

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos