Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Error (12252)

AK40
Beginner

Hi

I get errors when I compiling my old PC archive Quartus project on my new PC, where this archive is compiling correctly on other PCs.

The new PC have the below HW & SW:

Windows10

Processor: Intel core i7-9700 cpu@3GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 16 GB

System type: 64bit

QUARTUS18.1  BUILD 625 STANDARD EDITION

When I compile the project I get the below error:

"

Error (12252): REMOTE_UPDATE: Failed to generate module ep_g1x1_REMOTE_UPDATE

Error (12252): Generation stopped, 74 or more modules remaining

Error (12153): Can't elaborate top-level user hierarchy

Error: Quartus Prime Analysis & Synthesis was unsuccessful. 3 errors, 33 warnings

Error: Peak virtual memory: 5009 megabytes

Error: Processing ended: Mon Jan 04 11:13:02 2021

Error: Elapsed time: 00:01:42

Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:02:35

Error (293001): Quartus Prime Full Compilation was unsuccessful. 5 errors, 33 warnings

"

Please advise what shall I do?

Thank in advance,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Did you move to a newer version of Quartus?  A generation error means that the tool is unable to generate the HDL files for the IP indicated which could happen because of changes in the IP between versions of the software.  If not, try going to the parameter editor for the IP listed and manually regenerate the IP yourself before trying to recompile the whole design.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Have you tried sstrell's suggestion?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos