Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16618 Discussions

Quartus II time limited .sof file

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

when I try to program my FPGA...it appears a advice window about a limited time .sof file generation...as shown in attached image. I'd like to know how I have to behave... 

Regards
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

well.. If you want to use your code after the evaluation time has expired, you need to buy the IP core implemented in your programming - otherwise you won't be able to programm your FPGA. 

If your evalution period has not expired yet, this is just a reminder ;-) 

Regards
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok...but my .sof file to program my fpga is now <program_name>limited_time.sof....and I don't know what it happens if I use it for programming...do you know that???

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you can only use this file to upload it to the FPGA, and then you mustn't close the window as long as you want to use the FPGA. If you close it all the licensed components in the FPGA will stop working. The other limitation is that you can't put your design into flash. But other than that you have a fully functional system you can play with.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thx..Daix...so if I disconnect the usb blaster cable or close that window...my system stops to work...but if afterwards I re-program FPGA with <program_name>_time_limited.sof again without disconnecting usb blaster cable and closing the OpenCore Plus Status window, Can I use my system for test???

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, when you upload again the .sof file, your design will work again, as long as you don't close the window.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks a lot.... Daix...;)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I have a Query.  

I'm using the EMAC IP from ALTERA. I only have tool licenses, But I don't have EMAC IP license. Can I add EMAC IP interface signals ( TXD and RXD) to signal tap logic analyzer?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes you can see the EMAC signals in signaltap, even if you don't have a license.

0 Kudos