Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Quartus v13.0 on linux ubuntu 12.04 lts (32 Bit) license check fails - startup screen

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

i installed Quartus v13.0 on ubuntu linux version 12.04 LTS. Everything works nice but whenever I start quartus I see the checkbox window where I can select the three license option (Buy Subscription, Run software, Add an IP license). I can then select to run the Quartus software and quartus starts and shows me a message box "Quartus II software is unable to activate your license". After pushing Ok it continues.  

When I go the license setup and click "Web License Update" to update the web edition license I get the message that I cannot connect to the internet and I see again the Box with the 3 license choices.  

When I configure the "Internet Connectivity" and set firefox as my web browser, I cannot start the web browser. Pushing, e.g. on "Documentation" results in the following message in the terminal where I started quartus:  

XPCOMGlueLoad error for file libxpcom.so

libxul.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

Couldn't load XPCOM. 

There is a similar problem in the Xilinx software and there is i proposal to fix it: 

(not allowed here... google: xilinx XPCOMGlueLoad error) 

I followed the idea and renamed the libstdc++.so files to .bak versions. Then the firefox browser starts from quartus. However the license check is still not possible.  

Anybody out there who has the same problems?  

Regards 

Friedrich
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you install Quartus as root?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Did you install Quartus as root? 

--- Quote End ---  

no. I installed as normal user.  

Regards 

Friedrich
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think if you install as root (sudo ./setup.sh), this should go away. I noticed this when installing on another 12.04LTS machine today. 

Now, to try and sort out fonts in Modelsim....
0 Kudos