Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Questa License

richardpb
Beginner

Hi,

I have received my license from the self service center for Questa Starter edition but Questa will still not launch - i get the "Unable to Checkout License" error.

Can you please advise what steps i need to take to get this working, see attached license file & lmdiag output.

Kind regards,

Richard

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Did you set up the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to point to the file?

0 Kudos
richardpb
Beginner

Hi, Yes I believe I've set it up correctly under user variables - screen shot attached.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to Intel forum. Regrettably, there are issue with Questa license generated recently. We are in progress to fix this error. We shall be sharing with all of you once available. Your understanding is highly appreciated and thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Good day

Thank you for your patience. Apologize for the inconvenience happen, there are some technical issues due to upgrading proses. Now the license generator issue has been resolved. Login to https://licensing.intel.com/ to get your new license file and let us know how it goes.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hope all well. We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
richardpb
Beginner

Hi - yes all working now I have regenerated the license file.  Thank you

0 Kudos