Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16842 Discussions

Schematic Editor Problem Quartus 21.4

GLees
New Contributor II

In the schematic editor the "pins" on the block symbols (generated by Quartus) don't line up with the grid points in the schematic editor.  This makes it look like the interconnections are "skewed".  The connections appear to be made correctly but it's very annoying.

GLees_0-1675881478800.png

0 Kudos
17 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Where did you get this .bsf?  I've never seen this.  Dragging the symbol should make it align with the grid.

0 Kudos
GLees
New Contributor II

The  .bsf was created by Quartus when I instantiated a PLL.  Dragging the symbol does NOT make it align with the grid.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Is it only this symbol?  Maybe there's an "always align to grid" option you have turned off accidentally.

0 Kudos
GLees
New Contributor II

This is not the only symbol that acts this way.  I'm not aware of any "always align to grid" option but would be thrilled to hear about one if it exists.  I've looked through the Options menu and found nothing.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Open the .bsf file, click and adjust the black solid line to make it align with the grip points.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer.

0 Kudos
GLees
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response.  I don't know what you mean by "click on the black solid line".  I've attached an archive of the project for you to inspect.  If you can make the grid points line up then we can talk further about how you did it.  If not, this is a bug in the bdf editor.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Done make changes to pll_deser_top.bsf file. Check pll_align.bdf (image) and folder attached. Can also use arrow keys to adjust will be more easier.

ShengN_Intel_0-1675993755832.png

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer.

0 Kudos
GLees
New Contributor II

I have looked at your changes.  pll_align.bdf is still off grid.  Nothing changed.  Still a problem.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for misunderstanding your problem before. Now grips are aligned. Reattached the image and folder.

ShengN_Intel_0-1676004009314.png

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos
GLees
New Contributor II

Thank you, and now can you tell me how you were able align the symbol to the grid?

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

In .bsf, allign the line with the cross will do (picture attached). Hopefully answering your question.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos
GLees
New Contributor II

Unfortunately using the .bsf editor in Quartus 21.4 causes the program to crash and exit.  I get the following message whenever I try to edit the symbol in any way;

GLees_0-1676483096037.png

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I'm not having any issue at modifying the .bsf file in v21.4 both linux and window check image below. Can you try to relaunch the Quartus or include the .bsf file into Project Navigator first then only open to modify. Or may be try with newer version?

Currently internal team is working on the .bsf not aligned bug or you can wait for newest version release?

ShengN_Intel_0-1676516003318.png

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos
GLees
New Contributor II

I've tried relaunching Quartus many times with no success.  I'm unclear about "include the .bsf in Project Navigator".  Glad to hear the bug is being fixed.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Go to Project Navigator -> Files -> include .bsf file -> open to modify

Or try to reinstall Quartus, I'm not getting any issue on editing .bsf file in v21.4 window check image attached.

Let me know if you have any further concern or update.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Do you have any further concern or update?

Let me know if any.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos
GLees
New Contributor II

Since I'm unable to modify the .bsf myself, I'll have to wait until this bug is fixed in Quartus.

0 Kudos