Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

What is the script equivalent of Quartus Prime GUI's "Export Report as HTML"?

Nikolay_Rognlien
New Contributor I

image.pngIn Quartus you can export sections from the Report file as HTML.

How can you do the same when running Quartus from a script?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nikolay_Rognlien
New Contributor I

Thank you for your suggestions!

To summarize:

• The TCL command "write_report_panel" is limited to only tabular subsections of the report file. (Not what I wanted in this case...)
  • Adding GENERATE_HTML_REPORT_FILES = 1 to quartus2.ini creates all the nice HTML report exactly as from the GUI. (Selecting Tools > Options > tick 'Automatically generate HTML-Format Report Files (.htm) after design processing' updates the quartus2.ini file). This is a global setting that applies to all your projects.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

The compilation reports are automatically generated in <Project directory>/output_files after the compilation. The summary of fitter is project_name.fit.summary

0 Kudos
Nikolay_Rognlien
New Contributor I

Thank you.

But how do you get the HTML version?

I want the HTML version because it is easier to read for non-fpga-savvy people.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I forget exactly where it is, but there is a setting in the Options dialog from the Tools menu to always create an html version of the Compilation report whenever you compile the project. It gets placed, by default, in the output_files folder. As far as scripting this is concerned, check the Quartus Compilation user guide. It must have the appropriate Tcl and command line option in there.

KhaiChein_Y_Intel

As sstrell said, you may also select Tools > Options > tick 'Automatically generate HTML-Format Report Files (.htm) after design processing

Nikolay_Rognlien
New Contributor I

Thank you for your suggestions!

To summarize:

• The TCL command "write_report_panel" is limited to only tabular subsections of the report file. (Not what I wanted in this case...)
  • Adding GENERATE_HTML_REPORT_FILES = 1 to quartus2.ini creates all the nice HTML report exactly as from the GUI. (Selecting Tools > Options > tick 'Automatically generate HTML-Format Report Files (.htm) after design processing' updates the quartus2.ini file). This is a global setting that applies to all your projects.

0 Kudos