Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

MAX 3000 product code

Pbelda
Novice

Can anyone explain to me the meaning of the final AF letters of the EPM3064ATC44-10NAF code?

Thank you 

Paolo

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Those devices could be preprogrammed with code that is incompatible with your hardware design.

So you could not necessarily put them on your board and expect to then program your design via JTAG.

If you reprogrammed the devices BEFORE putting on your board then that issue could be mitigated.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi Paolo,

Usually, Intel® FPGA Part Number Format will be provided in the overview handbook of the device where it will explain the meaning of every code number and letter, but in your case, the part status is already obsolete so the document was limited to be provided.

From what I understand, the AF could be the custom code that purposely indicate for a specific customer.

Hope this helps. Thank you

0 Kudos
Pbelda
Novice

Hi AqidAyman,

thank you for the quick reply.

I think that if a specific code is used to distinguish a device made for a certain constructor from the original device, that device has something of peculiar .
To your knowledge, are these special devices normally compatible with standard codes or could they have important differences or special functions?
I don't know, for example, has it been supplied to the manufacturer already programmed?
Or does it work with different voltages?

Our purchasing department has found some pieces of EPM3064ATC44-10NAF and we would like to use them in place of an EPM3064ATC44-10N that is currently nowhere to be found, do you think there could be any surprises?
Thank you 

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Those devices could be preprogrammed with code that is incompatible with your hardware design.

So you could not necessarily put them on your board and expect to then program your design via JTAG.

If you reprogrammed the devices BEFORE putting on your board then that issue could be mitigated.

AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi Paolo,

As far as I concern, since the additional suffix is referring to customer specific order, the material was built based on some specific customer request. There are also another case where they have undergone additional qualification upon request and additional suffix was added. It means it will be different for each cases happened for some devices.

Specifically for your case, what I can say it may or may not compatible with the standard one. However, I have compared some key specifications of both EPM3064ATC44-10N and EPM3064ATC44-10NAF and found no difference.

Regards,

Aqid Ayman

Pbelda
Novice

Many Thanks to ak6dn and Aquid Ayman

Paolo

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos