Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

NIOS II issue with SBT while creating a HEX file

MNass4
Beginner

I am creating a NIOS II system and want to boot it on a serial flash device and while making target to generate the hex file for the serial flash it creates only for the on-chip memory.hex. I don't know what is the problem with Eclipse or ALTERA.

Please help

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Quartus creates a .sof file (for the Quartus Prime Programmer over JTAG) that you usually have to convert to .pof file to place in a flash for programming the device. Can you provide detail on the steps you've gone through and what you're trying to accomplish?

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

1. If Reset vector & exception vector are pointing to on-chip ram you will see only on-chip memory.hex
  2. mem_init_generate target also generates a Quartus Prime IP file (meminit.qip) which can be added to Quartus project and recompile to generate sof and convert to pof/jic. or You can use hex and sof file to generate the pof/jic file.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
MNass4
Beginner

Hello,

you didn't get my question. I make the reset vector to spi flash and exception vector to onchip memory. while go to make target to create the hex file, the Eclipse built only for On-chip memory.

there is something missing in the .tcl

Thanks

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

​Hi,

You have to share more information like tool version and edition, Device used.

Share project &  steps followed.

1. Are you using correct sopcinfo file while creating eclipse project??

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
MNass4
Beginner

it is Quartus 18.1

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

1. Are you using correct sopcinfo file while creating eclipse project??
  2. Check in BSP editor  linker script if all linkers are pointing to correct memory ON-chip memory or SPI?

Share the design.

0 Kudos