Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

No .sof file generated for F-Tile Example Design

allenS1
Employee

I am trying to generate and compile an example design using F-Tile Ethernet Hard IP. I generated the design (Single instance of IP core) and selected the Agilex I-Series SOC Dev Kit as the target device. I opened the project and tried to compile the design. The comilation finished successfully with no errors, but I receieved this warning:

"Compilation Report contains advance information. Specifications for device AGIB027R31B1E2V are subject to change. Contact Intel for information on availability. No programming file will be generated."

No sof file was generated with which I can program the board I'm using. I'm not sure of what this warning means. Does anyone know how I can fix this so I can generate the sof file for the design?

Allen

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Allen,

In case you're using the latest version of Quartus, the device that you're using is in Advance device support.

Compilation, simulation, and timing analysis support are provided for these devices. The compiler generates pinout information for these devices in this release, but does not generate programming files.

Kindly refer to below UG link, page 10 Table 5 Advance device support

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683706/22-2/timing-model-power-model-and-device-status.html

Regards,

Pavee

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Allen,

Based on the error message, it looks like you're using advanced version of the device for your project.

I would suggest you to use the latest version of Quartus to resolve this issue or you may try to use other device.

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Allen,

In case you're using the latest version of Quartus, the device that you're using is in Advance device support.

Compilation, simulation, and timing analysis support are provided for these devices. The compiler generates pinout information for these devices in this release, but does not generate programming files.

Kindly refer to below UG link, page 10 Table 5 Advance device support

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683706/22-2/timing-model-power-model-and-device-status.html

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
allenS1
Employee

Thanks Pavee,

I am using the latest version of Quartus (22.3), and looking at the chart, the device I'm using (AGIB027R31B) is marked as preliminary, so it won't generate the programming file I guess. Is there a way around that? This is the device Quartus gives by default when you select Agilex I-Series SOC Dev Kit as the target device. And it includes the correct pinout as well. Would using a different version of Quartus fix the issue? Or maybe if I change the device number to its full number (AGIB027R31B1E2VR0) it will generate the .sof file, even though the prefix is the same. Any ideas on a fix for this short of using a new device?

Best,

Allen

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. 

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos