Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

[SignalTap] copy/paste/duplicate signals + seeing the same signal in several groups

amildm
Valued Contributor I

Hi All,

1)  Is it possible to add the same signal to SignalTap Waves Tab several times (e.g. in Questa it's possible)? Purpose - convenience in viewing the signals. The signals in my SignalTap are divided to groups, but some signals I want to see in several groups (like I could do this in Questa).

2) Is it possible to copy/paste/duplicate signals  between SignalTap instances?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

No, run-time triggers are standard Signal Tap instance that run when your design is running in hardware.  A power-up trigger is a child instance of a run-time trigger that lets you capture trigger events that occur after device programming but before you can open the .stp file and click "Run Analysis".  Right-click a Signal Tap instance in the .stp Instance Manager to enable it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

1) Interesting idea, but no, there's no way to do this.

2) Again, unfortunately, no.  The only copy allowed is between a run-time trigger and it's associated power-up trigger, if you use that feature.

amildm
Valued Contributor I

"The only copy allowed is between a run-time trigger" - what do you mean "run-time trigger"? signals, which are defined to be also triggers?

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

No, run-time triggers are standard Signal Tap instance that run when your design is running in hardware.  A power-up trigger is a child instance of a run-time trigger that lets you capture trigger events that occur after device programming but before you can open the .stp file and click "Run Analysis".  Right-click a Signal Tap instance in the .stp Instance Manager to enable it.

SyafieqS

Dmitry,

Let me know if there is any update or concern on this

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos