Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
19667 Discussions

[SignalTap] copy/paste/duplicate signals + seeing the same signal in several groups

amildm
Valued Contributor I

Hi All,

1)  Is it possible to add the same signal to SignalTap Waves Tab several times (e.g. in Questa it's possible)? Purpose - convenience in viewing the signals. The signals in my SignalTap are divided to groups, but some signals I want to see in several groups (like I could do this in Questa).

2) Is it possible to copy/paste/duplicate signals  between SignalTap instances?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

No, run-time triggers are standard Signal Tap instance that run when your design is running in hardware.  A power-up trigger is a child instance of a run-time trigger that lets you capture trigger events that occur after device programming but before you can open the .stp file and click "Run Analysis".  Right-click a Signal Tap instance in the .stp Instance Manager to enable it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

1) Interesting idea, but no, there's no way to do this.

2) Again, unfortunately, no.  The only copy allowed is between a run-time trigger and it's associated power-up trigger, if you use that feature.

amildm
Valued Contributor I

"The only copy allowed is between a run-time trigger" - what do you mean "run-time trigger"? signals, which are defined to be also triggers?

sstrell
Honored Contributor III

No, run-time triggers are standard Signal Tap instance that run when your design is running in hardware.  A power-up trigger is a child instance of a run-time trigger that lets you capture trigger events that occur after device programming but before you can open the .stp file and click "Run Analysis".  Right-click a Signal Tap instance in the .stp Instance Manager to enable it.

SyafieqS

Dmitry,

Let me know if there is any update or concern on this

SyafieqS

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.