Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20690 Discussions

Want to dual boot without remote or local capabilities, just two images jumper configurable.

RStew7
Beginner

​I've been trying to build a dual boot image for a 10M08DAF484C8G but I can't get it to compile or create an image with two images for CONFIG_SEL selection. Is there a way to do it without IP or remote/local IP? Thanx, Rich

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Richard,

You will need to write your own state machine to do so if you don't want to use IP. I would recommend to use IP as it is already there. May i know what do you meant by cannot get it compiled?

Are you having problem in quartus design compilation with this IP?

Thank YOu

0 Kudos
RStew7
Beginner
Hi, Thank you for contacting me. I’m using Quartus Prime Ver 17.1.0 Build 590 Lite edition. I’m using the Altera Dual Configuration in the IP library. The configuration mode is set to Dual configuration. //instantiation of the required IP for dual boot. dual_boot u0 ( .clk (LOW_B_CLK_IN) // clk.clk ,.nreset (reset_n) // nreset.reset_n // ,.avmm_rcv_address (<connected-to-avmm_rcv_address>) // avalon.address // ,.avmm_rcv_read (<connected-to-avmm_rcv_read>) // .read // ,.avmm_rcv_writedata (<connected-to-avmm_rcv_writedata>) // .writedata // ,.avmm_rcv_write (<connected-to-avmm_rcv_write>) // .write // ,.avmm_rcv_readdata (<connected-to-avmm_rcv_readdata>) // .readdata ); Is instantiated. The error is: Error (169130): Configuration mode specified as Remote but remote update block is not found in design. Thanx, Rich
0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Richard,

By seeing at the instantiation, it seems like you instantiated the IP but with no connection on it.

For your information, you also refer to the user guide below to see the flow to process to use this IP for remote update:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/sss1430185325021.html#sss1430185602609

Thank You.

0 Kudos
RStew7
Beginner
But I don’t want to do a remote update. I just want to change images with the external pin.
0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Richard,

Apologize that we don't have the solution. Perhaps you can utilize the IP and then write your own state machine to interact with the IP. In your state machine, you will only read the input value (HIGH / LOW) from a certain pin.

Thank You.

0 Kudos