Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3160 drivers

nice1488
Novice
I bought a LG 24V360 computer a while ago and a few days ago I formatted it for some problems, I installed the drivers but I can't find anything about Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3160 drivers for Windows 10 and I found that it is discontinued, what can I do?
245 Replies
Gabie
Beginner

Hi SAB0, 

Check in the last page of this thread a post by  n_scott_pearson dated 08-03-2023 with a link to the driver. 

0 Kudos
Carlos_ZC
Beginner

Hi Scott,

Reciently I changed the router and my child's laptop don't recognize the wifi signal. I was wondering if I could get the latest update for the AC-3160 as well.  I would very much appreciate it.  

Thank you in advance !

Greetings from Spain

Carlos

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Yes, a very common problem when a WiFi6 router is encountered. Intel, in the last driver release for these older WiFi cards, enhanced the code to communicate reliably with these newer routers.
Since Intel is no longer providing the drivers for these older, discontinued WiFi cards and since I had these drivers in my archive, I set up a share to provide them to the masses. Here is a link that will allow you to pull the files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T. Once you open the share, choose the subfolder that supports your adapter.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
Mike-Man
Beginner

Thank you very much for the codes I downloaded them and my computer picks up my network just fine now. Much appreciated.

Mike-man

0 Kudos
Siy
Beginner

Hi Scott

I am having the same issue. Would you mind sending me the driver also?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
AndreiSorin
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
@AndreiSorin,
You can find the appropriate driver installation files in my legacy driver share: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T.
...S
0 Kudos
Nilton_Rocha
Beginner

You are an angel, my friend. Please help me, I am facing the same issue with the driver for the Intel 3160HMW.

0 Kudos
Bobbalybob
Beginner

Hello

I am new on this forum. I just saw that you have the latest version for the Ac 3160.

I would also be very greatfull if you could send it to me.

Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
BMET
Beginner

Hi Scott, I too need some help with getting the latest driver for the Intel Daul Band Wireless AC 1360 adapter.

Can you please send me what you have I greatly appreciate the help. Currently, I am using a driver from 2015. 

Wireless AP's were updated and I lost wireless network conductivity.

Thanks, Ron

0 Kudos
BMET
Beginner
0 Kudos
David68
Beginner

Hello Scott..I have the same situation with the Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3160 driver. May I also have the driver? Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
StevenSMurphyPE
Beginner

Scott,

I purchased a new dual band Wi-Fi 6 router and need the Wireless AC-3160 driver for Windows 10 that supports Wi-Fi 6.  Much Appreciated.

Steven

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
@StevenSMurphyPE,
Use this link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T to access my archive. Subfolders provide final driver packages for most of the Discontinued Wireless adapters.
Hope this helps,
...S
Swam
Beginner
Hello, I have same issue too. Please kindly help me to find that drivers. I try nearly 3 hours finally found this post. Plz help me.T_T
0 Kudos
SaintGilliam
Beginner

Hello Scott, I know this an old post but I need those driver updates as well. I cannot connect to new networks when the router is new. So I would be much obliged if you could send me those! Thank you

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Use this link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T to access my archive. Subfolders provide final driver packages for most of the Discontinued Wireless adapters.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have sent you a Private Message (PM) with a link to my share providing these driver packages.

...S

P.S. You are 45th user that I have provided these drivers to since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
Wolfser1
Beginner

Hi,

would it be possible, that you send me a link for this, too?

It really sucks, that intel does not host an archive of old drivers. Don't know what the problem is?!

Thank you

Regards,

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
PDXMarty
Novice

Scott, perhas I should have replied rather than post. 

I would also like to obtain the files for AC3160 wireless/bluetooth - please!

0 Kudos
toye1191
Beginner

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3160  for windows 10 not connet wifi 6 
i want driver Plz

0 Kudos