FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

rst_n port on the pll is not properly connected

LFahem
New Contributor I

Hello I am working on a project containing several submodules. One of them contains a PLL that gets its reset signal from a reset generation block instantiated in the main project.

The problem is that when I try to compile my project wth Quartus, I get the error mesage "rst_n port on the pll is not properly connected". However, the pll reset is connected in my design.

I am working on a design for ARRIA 10 FPGA.

best regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LFahem
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am sorry for not updating my case. Actually, I have found an error in my reset generation bloc that makes the reset signal always stuck on '0'. Thus, the synthesis tool, makes his optimisation process by deleting the reset bloc with other design parts. Then it considers that the reset signal of the PLL is not connected which generates this error message.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Lotfi.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LFahem
New Contributor I

main_project.png

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Can you post your RTL code to verify you've made the connection correctly?

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
LFahem
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am sorry for not updating my case. Actually, I have found an error in my reset generation bloc that makes the reset signal always stuck on '0'. Thus, the synthesis tool, makes his optimisation process by deleting the reset bloc with other design parts. Then it considers that the reset signal of the PLL is not connected which generates this error message.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Lotfi.

0 Kudos