Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner

Iris Xe and AWS Workspaces

Have an issue with the AWS Workspaces client on my HP laptop with 11th Gen i7-1165G7 / Iris Xe.  In the end it feels like a driver issue...

The login screen for the app does not show my input, but if I blindly enter username/pw, it will log in.  Then the main desktop screen is just black.  Occasionally a portion of the screen will become visible if I move things around / minimize / maximize.

I found similar issues for 11th Gen Iris Xe reported with Citrix and Logos apps.  Suggested from Logos was to disable acceleration for WPF applications via registry: HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics\DisableHWAcceleration : 1

This immediately solved the problem, but disabling acceleration doesn't seem like a long term fix.

Tried with Intel driver version up to this weeks  27.20.100.9126.

Tried with Workspaces version up to current 3.1.2.  

So is this a know issue with the Intel drivers and the 11th Gen Iris Xe? Or more with the app?

Thanks!

Mika

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Hello mikabrown,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

We do not have reports of this yet to consider it as a known issue from Intel, but to better assist you and investigate, please provide us with the below information:

• Can you please provide pictures or a video to check the issue?

Provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Beginner

Hi,

I am also facing similar problem, I can connect to Amazon AWS from my other machines and laptop with older configuration, but the latest configuration laptop just displays black screen.

0 Kudos

Hello Imtiyaz,

Thank you very much for reporting this. I will check the information and let you know if the best course of action will be to create a new thread for you, for more accurate support, please expect my response soon.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos

Hello mikabrown,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Beginner

Here's t he SSU and a screenshot.

0 Kudos